Huey Helicopter/ ITS DONE/FINISHED YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

shark64

Ah man! I've just read up on the news .... I would have wept having seen all that fabulous work go for a burton. One thing's for sure - your perseverance is a bonus for us mere mortals; we get to see your wonderful scratch buildings skills start this all over again.

Grant.

• 4 weeks later...

Really sorry to hear about your chair curshing the engine.

Just some questions about your amazing scratchbuilding. Are you turning styrene rod in a lathe or something similar to get some of the shapes? How do you get the square section strips to sit so well around the 'engine case tube'? It looks little hardly any adhesive.

Fabulous work as ever.

Cheers Matty

To lesser mortals Oliver, the crushing of that engine would be equal to that of crushing their own heart but you, I suspect, just relished the thought of doing another and with a way of improving on the first engine (if that were possible). Fantastic intricate work Oliver. Outstanding.

Grant

Really sorry to hear about your chair curshing the engine.

Just some questions about your amazing scratchbuilding. Are you turning styrene rod in a lathe or something similar to get some of the shapes? How do you get the square section strips to sit so well around the 'engine case tube'? It looks little hardly any adhesive.

Fabulous work as ever.

Cheers Matty

Hi Matt/

I dont have a lathe so I used a makita drill. I insert the plastic tubing at the end of the tip and use metal files to give it shape.

For the square section I glue the top part first then add the walls and shape to size ( a lot of dry-fitting), I add extra glue to melt the plastic into shape.

.048-2_zps57e20def.jpg

Edited by shark64