Huey Helicopter/ ITS DONE/FINISHED YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

shark64

Oliver, I've been itchin' to see what you have been doing on this build ! And I am not disappointed one bit. You ARE a master !............Harv :wow: :clap2:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

So stuff have changed a bit. I will no longer use the Aircraft Carrier deck. I made a new tarmac for the Huey.

Its gonna be a sand based dio....Maybe Kuwait, Iraq or somewhere they use camels to get around.

Oliver

043.jpg

004-34.jpg

007-31.jpg

013-12.jpg

005-29.jpg

023-5.jpg

036-1.jpg

041-2.jpg

Wow, I love that base. Oliver, you did great. I wonder if the change of color in base is just an effect of the warm tones during the photo process.

Mike

Hi Mike.

The warm tones are there. I used brown and yellow with a touch of blue undertone.

glad u like it

Oliver

Oliver, your skills seem to know no bounds! That is one spectacular base my friend, and I'm awed and envious in equal measure. Can't wait to see your Huey posed on this one.

Kev

Hi Kev.

Thanks so much for the nice words. I let u in on a little secret...I cant paint silver to save my life. I am trying to work on that skill but I failed everytime...I am in awe of modellers that can lay a nice coat of silver.

I cant wait to see the Huey on it either.

Oliver

Silver can be a bugger, I avoided it for years until the last few years.

Two suggestions,

First are Tamiya Silver Spray cans. They have several different shades. The only advise here is to use Tamiya primer first. Yes you can mask on it also.

Second is Alclad, this paint gets some great press, and some bad press but I like it a lot. It's very easy to use in my opinion and again you can mask on it.

Ron

I'm stunned. How you can just whizz a base together, paint and detail it they way you do is totally beyond me. As they say, presentation is 9/10ths of the battle and you certainly win that fight hands down.

I thought the flight deck was cool but this'll be much better given the added details you've built and which are more suited to land based vignettes. Oh! In case you hadn't guessed - I'm pretty much awed by your skill :)

Grant.