Huey Helicopter/ ITS DONE/FINISHED YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

shark64

I don't know how you do it!

There isn't even any evidence of glue being used... and all that fine brass work and bending. I have such a hard time with PE and you make this look easy and it's scratch built to boot. :wow:

• 2 weeks later...

awesome! One of the best builds I've seen on this site, and indeed anywhere - certainly the best Huey I've seen. The painting and weathering is equally as good as the incredible detailing, and that makes the model for me. I wouldn't be surprised if this wins a ton of awards!

Thanks again!

Almost a month without any updates. Most of my electronics at home took a dive including my digital right after I took these photos...Not a good month or a good one for Best Buys.

Beeen working on the tank a bit. Its nowhere being done.

Anyway here are some photos.

Oliver

001.jpg

002.jpg

008.jpg

004.jpg

Oliver,

Sorry to hear the run of bad luck! :sorry:

Your work continues to be marvelious though. :thumbsup:

The "fire wire" looks great and is often over looked. :speak_cool:

Of course all the other work displayed is equally as impressive. :goodjob:

Barry

Thanks Guys!!!

Sanding session today and installing ribs inside exhaust cowling. Will post photos when done.

On a lighter note, the painting of the whole engine area is going to be fun.fun.fun

Oliver

This just keeps getting better and better dude! Are you going to open up those vents on the fairing?

J

Hi

I took Barry's advice and bought a small chisel from Micro tools. I have to pratice on some Huey parts before I make the jump. I wont be doing it on this one but next vents I encounter I will.

I agree opening the vents would be cool.

Iam still on the fence about the fuel tank.

Oliver

olie,

I dont ordinarily log into the site, but I do stop and see whats new every day. Ive watched your thread from the beginning. Between you and Pete F. I cant imagine anything being done better than you two guys. Both of you have created a quality standard that is insurmountable. Attention to detail is like nothing Ive ever seen. Both of you humble me...

Best,

Geoff