FS# to AOTAKE

LSP_Mike

Stevo, thanks mate, I'm gonna spray the fuse alclad, and the interior bits a green-ish AOTAKE/paint. I've a group of guys in the US, and mexico that are all doing the 21st C kits of the ZEKE, so I gotta be good!

Also, if you want some real hot sauces, I know where to get some, I'll post 'em to ya. :(

Stevo, thanks mate, I'm gonna spray the fuse alclad, and the interior bits a green-ish AOTAKE/paint. I've a group of guys in the US, and mexico that are all doing the 21st C kits of the ZEKE, so I gotta be good!

Also, if you want some real hot sauces, I know where to get some, I'll post 'em to ya. :(

I believe that Testors makes a Aotake color in enamel but can't remember what they call it. Something like Japan interior blue metallic. Life Color also has an acrylic Aotake blue that looks very good. Part # for that is UA136. Sprue Brothers has it.

Thanks,Dave. I have some Xtracolor "interior blue" , and have misted on a coat of that. The color piccies in Mikeshs Jap cockpits shows a mix of AOTAKE, and actual paint; I'll go with what I see in color. Since this is an A6m5, I'll do a late version, with cheap paint. When I finish my RUFE, I'll go with the early grey/green, but with a carmel color misted on; but I'm getting ahead of my self....

One of these days, I'll actually organize mypaints by country. One problem I face, is that while I have a good stash of Humbrol, they don't ref. FS #s, on many paint charts. I'd like to look at my Humbrol number 114, and see a note telling me this is for,say, "Japanese army green". I would like to have an original Humbrol paint guide. I do keep refering to IPMS Stokholm though.