Super Tool

I've included the photo of the windscreen for my F-8 build to show you the ledge I scraped into the kit piece using what I have come to consider the “single best tool” I have added to my tool box since I purchased it at the 05 IPMS NATS.

What’s crazy is I do not even use it very often to do what it was designed for.

It is Mission Models, Micro Chisel. I have two so that I do not have to change between the 1 and 2 mm tips.

I use it almost exclusively as a scraper and man does it do a great job. It is super sharp and maintains its edge. I have replaced both tips once since their purchase. It is very precise and easy to control.

I only wish they would do it in a .5 mm and have asked such but they have trouble with it breaking at that size. Man it would be perfect for so many task.

If you own one you know what I mean and if you have not tried it as a scraper then you must.

If you don’t own one I recommend that you do so. I’m telling you it is GREAT !!!!

Barry

post-4217-1245192106.jpg

I've heard many good reports about this tool, and this is another one. Many modellers swear by it, and it certainly seems that when you need it, nothing else will do. I must get one myself one day!

Kev

I have them as well and they work great. I don't use their handle but use a pin vise as I find it holds the chisel more securely. Mission Models is in my neighborhood and the guys there are great and really good modelers. I have been the lucky recipient of quite a few "here, just take it" goodies from them. Cool product and nice people. The only problem is that they are armor fiends... :ph34r:

Matt

shameless plug, and no, I don't work there ;)