anyone have the BB cockpit for the F105D?

pzcreations

Im think of rebuilding the cockpit dash in the 105 Im building (see Member Builds) the kit part and the Eduards part is too tall..Im wondering if the BB offering is correct in height?

Check out the 105 build in the 'What's New' section. Looks as though he used a BB 'pit and it is just as tall, if not moreso than yours.

By the photos, it fills the entire windscreen.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/J...05D/F-105D.html

Mike

Im think of rebuilding the cockpit dash in the 105 Im building (see Member Builds) the kit part and the Eduards part is too tall..Im wondering if the BB offering is correct in height?

Here are photos of the BB and Aires, Aires on the left.

Big difference in height. It appears that the BB is based off the kit like the Eduards is.

The Vertical Instrument on either side of the ADI and HSI appear too tall.

First time I have set them side by side. I will be using the Aires set looks like.

post-4217-1244068802.jpg

The Vertical Instrument on either side of the ADI and HSI appear too tall.

thats one thing I noticed about both. its really bugging me..but I think as far along as I am, the only thing I could do is scratchbuild one. thanks for posting the pics I really appreciate it.

I will be using the Aires set. The “Vertical Scale” Instruments on the panel are very close to scale as well as the ADI and HSI.

The side consoles are very well done and are very representative of the actual aircraft.

Although all kits have there pros and cons I find that overall Aires offers a very good product for the money.

Barry

I will be using the Aires set. The “Vertical Scale” Instruments on the panel are very close to scale as well as the ADI and HSI.

The side consoles are very well done and are very representative of the actual aircraft.

Although all kits have there pros and cons I find that overall Aires offers a very good product for the money.

Barry

Yep, the Aires IP is much closer to correct.

The only thing I would do, is make the gunsight/cowling closer to the actual thing.

im kickin myself that I was cheap and didnt get the Aires..it was actually my first choice..but reality is I couldnt afford it..so now Im stuck here in 'damnit land' anyway...hopefully if anyone cant make the decision, theyll find this post! :lol: