ID/Combat Models 1/32 Vacform P-61 Black Widow...

Derek B

Well hello Derek

The ID Westland Whirlwind I have been involved with has been preety well spot on in regards to Westlands drawings so I am sure that Doug used those.

P 61, usure in regards to accuracy.

Stiil looking for "That other Westland a/c stuff" for you. Gotta be some where in amongst the rubble.

Cheers

Denie

Hi Guys,

As I have unfortunately not been in a position to own any of the above mentioned vacform models, can anyone who has had experience of them (and I know that Larry has) confirm if the overall accuracy of shape and dimensions are correct?

I appreciate that obtaining accurate P-61 drawings is difficult (I am still trying to find some definitive drawings for this aircraft), but I would welcome your overall views.

Many thanks

Derek

Saw the beastie at the airshow but it's still a hanger queen. You can't get close to it. There were tables set up all around it. It looks like some progress has been made from the latest pics on their website though. The glazing on the rear position has been made and was installed. The pictures on their website are better than any I could have taken,sorry!

JR

Denie: Nice to hear from you again, no sweat with the Westland stuff (most of my most useful stuff in under a moutain of rubbish, which I am scared to disturb! :blink:). The Welkin is still sulking at me because I have not finished shaping it's wings yet B).

Jerry: Thanks for informing me of how she looks these days - I shall have to visit the Widow's lair website again to check for up-dates (which they do not do very often).

Cheers

Derek