USAF F-4 Cockpit

Barry

That is awesome work Barry! I'd love to know how you cut your brass tubes so neatly and cleanly.

Kev

Kev,

Generally I use a cut-off disk in the Dremel tool then clean up with file or sanding stick.

Many time to save time I just dike it off a little long then clean it up same as above.

I really appreciate ALL the encouragement ALL you guys offer.

Helps keep me moving during the tedious task where the progress is slow but the time spent is high. :bow:

Barry

Kev,

Generally I use a cut-off disk in the Dremel tool then clean up with file or sanding stick.

Interesting. I've tried that approach before, but generally just make a huge mess of it, with a ragged cut that isn't even perpendicular! I've had more luck with rolling them under a knife blade, though it has its challenges too.

Kev

Interesting. I've tried that approach before, but generally just make a huge mess of it, with a ragged cut that isn't even perpendicular! I've had more luck with rolling them under a knife blade, though it has its challenges too.

Kev

I've tried that approach as well with like results.

I have a jeweler's hand vice with brass parallel jaws and a small groove cut into them that allows me to clamp it up, not too tight though.

Guess how I know that?

I then file/sand it until it is flush with the jaws then just keep tweaking it with the sanding stick, until it "looks square".

Barry

Alright, I don't come here for weeks and I can see what I missed. So, now your getting into mastering cockpits? From all of stuff you have done on you A-7 and F-8 this is going to the best cockpit out there. As for the BB and Aires the old MC Hammer songs pops in the head..."can't touch this...dum dum dum...can't touch this" lol

Anyway, keep up the good work and I will sure to grab couple.

Mike

• 2 months later...