Trumpeter F-105D

pzcreations

this kit is what got me back into modelling (the G model)

i always loved the thud...

but even on my first build after 20 years i couldnt live without the CE corrected nose, fin and dorsalfin, they are that bad in the kit. i closed the cockpit because i didnt feel like shelling out more$$$ to get a decent cockpit.

judging by the level of detail you put into small things like the vents, be all means correct the fuselage issues (in my opinion) to complement your outstanding work

hey guys..thanks evryone for the compliments..I really appreciate them and the feedback.. Matt...get it out !

heres some more progress ..I have the nose wheel well and cockpit installed.. now Im continueing on to the cockpit ..I opted out of useing the AM pit, I felt what I had goin already was workin fine..

what do ya think?

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

You just need to build a second 1.

johan

noway..you couldnt make me :rolleyes:

finally..gettin to some fun stuff..painting! yepee!

this cockpit has been a little frustrating..the dashboard didnt wanna fit right. also, judging by photos the dash over it looks too big..or too tall rather. it could just be from the angles of the reference photos, but it looks too tall to me, and the windscreen looks out of proportions as well. The kit supplied HUD though was a real piece of crap..basically a chunk of plastic compared to the real thing. and Im completely surprised that Eduard didnt address it at all. They only supplied two roundels for the lenses on it. no bracket for the glass piece at all!

Picture012.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

I agree with Jerry you work is excellent!

I am getting ready to start my F-105F conversion using the G kit.

I will be using you work as reference, keep the pics coming.

Thanks in advance, Barry

Oh, I think the bottom front brackets are folded up under the seat when it is in the 'pit. Almost all the AM stuff in 1/48 and 1/32 have them extended. BB has it correct on their 1/48 instructions to have them folded.

Oh, I think the bottom front brackets are folded up under the seat when it is in the 'pit. Almost all the AM stuff in 1/48 and 1/32 have them extended. BB has it correct on their 1/48 instructions to have them folded.

wow, thanks very the very kind compliments.

Harold, Im not sure. The Eduard set says to fold them as well, but when I do that, the seat sits in a very awkward position..as of right now, how I have it sitting in the pit, it looks positioned just like the seats in the real photos. But I cant find any photos which show underneath when installed in the pit.

thanks Oliver I appreciate that. Its really been a learning experiance for me..this being the 2nd jet Ive ever built...I have to give the members here alot of credit since Ive learned most of it here.

thanks Oliver I appreciate that. Its really been a learning experiance for me..this being the 2nd jet Ive ever built...I have to give the members here alot of credit since Ive learned most of it here.

Hi

Thats where I get my info too,

Oliver