Hellcat

LSP_Ron

I've got Squadron's F6F Walk Around and the wing fold looks about right to me. They don't sit up close to the fuselage at all and they point outward at the tips. The tips stick out to about the width of the horizontal stablizers. Very nice work you are doing here by the way Ron! I wish I could build as fast as you. I plan on building the same kit soon.

• 6 months later...
Ive made a little progress on my Hellcat. I have the cockpit nearly done (pics to come later)

I assembled the engine last night. I really enjoy building radial engines but I have to admit after assembling this one I am not all that impressed with Trumps efforts this time.

What is this supposed to represent?

P5180004.jpg

the stretched Limo version of a P&W R-2800? look how long it is. The space between the front and back bank of Cylinders are a scale 10" appart???? the real one is only inches. I was going to really detail out this engine but I don't think I'll bother now. The crank case is really sparce on detail and the exhaust pipes they provide are also a wayyyy to skinny to be scale. It's kind of disappointing, thier R-2800 in thier Bearcat is a jewel.

P5180005.jpg

Here are a few pics of my Bearcat's engine from last falls build of this kit. There really is no comparison between the two

P4220001.jpg

P4220003.jpg

Hi Ron,

Yep. That's one reason I used the Vector R2800 for my Corsair build. That Trumpeter engine just won't do.

John

Thanks all

I used MM enamel Chris :goodjob:

I have to say Trumps decals in this kit are some of the best I've ever used! very thin and react great to micro sol sucking down into every rivet hole and panel line. Nice stuff

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...