P-47 "Angie"

Ads

Hello everyone , i am currently 3/4 thru my build of a hasegawa p-47, and after a long time pontificationg i am set on making the P-47-25 "angie" from the 512st squadron, 406 fg.

Now the question is (and yes i will at last post a build i am doing on the site - please be kind) is the tail section O/D or is it black?

Barracuda say O/D and i am happy with that - but nearly every other one i have seen has black all the way along the fuselage spine.

What do you think?

Ads :lol:

post-1972-1241723663.jpg

Also what are the undrcoats i can use for alclad ? i have it currently undercoated with tamiya aluminium to try and pick up any faults?

Does it have to be agloss black? does anyone have a good link i could look at? cani use future for an undercoat? or will it react badly with nmf?

Thanks in advance for the help - Ads :rolleyes:

I saw your build already and it was the one that made me think twice ! I love the weathering you have done with the smokey home effect!

Anyone else know anything as to wether it be O/D or black?

And why do i need the undercoat for alcled to be black ? is it like a mirror effect?

Ads

And why do i need the undercoat for alcled to be black ? is it like a mirror effect?

Ads

You only need it to be black if you're using one of their polished finishes like polished aluminum or chrome. Also with their 'prismatic' colors. For finishes like aircraft aluminum, etc their honey-colored primer works great. I've also used Mr. Sufacer 1200 in white with success.

Hello Ads,

I have used Alcad's grey colored primer the only thing I would recommend is that whatever you use is to polish the surface as well as you can. Many primers leave a flat finish as we know and a smooth surface for BMF is recommended.

Mike Horina

I think i will go for a polished O/D - which will be very dark almost black , anyone have any more info on this kite?

Thanks for your help with thte undercoat guys!

Ads :lol: