A6M5 Zero-sen

Azgaron

Thanks Russ! :)

Yes, it feels really good to be done, but now that I've started to do the finishing touches, it feels like I'm sabotaging it a bit!

Well, I'm not done yet, and perhaps it'll turn out good in the end!

Cheers,

Håkan

I couldn't do anything about the topside roundels as they where sealed, and in my opinion looked Ok, but on the underside I hadn't sealed yet, so there might be a chance I could do something! After asking, a friend tipped me that using plenty of Micro Set would loosen the decal!

With only one spare, I decided to try the tip, and it turned out great!

Before!

a6m5_zero_decal_move_before_640x480.jpg

After!

a6m5_zero_decal_move_after_640x480.jpg

Not only did they move, they also sat perfectly after some Micro Sol! :blink:

I've been working some more, and some of it shows in the pics above, but I won't show anything more until it's finished!

Very soon I hope! :D

Cheers,

Håkan

Very good work Hakan, you've really made that kit shine!! Keep up the good work and let the family down easy. They'll potentially turn on you when they hear the "good news" about the deadline. ZOIKS!!!!

It turned out to be much later than I've expected, but here are the pics of the finished Zero! :huh:

a6m5_zero_finished_3_640x480.jpg

a6m5_zero_finished_4_640x480.jpg

a6m5_zero_finished_5_640x480.jpg

a6m5_zero_finished_6_640x480.jpg

a6m5_zero_finished_7_640x480.jpg

a6m5_zero_finished_8_640x480.jpg

a6m5_zero_finished_10_640x480.jpg

a6m5_zero_finished_1_640x480.jpg

Perhaps I could hav done more, and perhaps there are things I've missed, but I'm pretty happy with it, and it now sits nicely in my shelf! :(

Cheers,

Håkan

Well done Håkan! I've never seen the old Revell kit look so good. I didn't even notice the misplaced hinomarus on the upper wing until Erwin pointed them out. For all the work I've been putting in to rebuilding mine, I can't imagine it turning out much better than your OOB build. As Dave said, congrats!

Kev