Special Hobby P-39D

dennismcc

Here is my latest offering, a great kit mangled by my many mistakes when building it, fortunately in the end it came out OK and I really like it. I like it that much that if ever Special Hobby fetch one out with Soviet markings I'll buy another one, or if someone comes out with a decal sheet of Soviet markings.

The undercarriage especially the nose gear need very careful assembly, they are very fiddly.

Cheers

Den

UlgyMt.jpg

bcU6ea.jpg

8497ug.jpg

I0drh4.jpg

EJbBrT.jpg

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced blurred Photobucket photos

Nice job, why don't you just ask on the forum here if somebody who has built the PCM 1/32 scale Spitfires for the Russian stars from the decal sheet...with the amount of PCM Spits floating around there has to be a load of unused Russian decals...

Just an idea!

Cheers

Alan

Always have a soft spot in me for the P-39... nice build!

Hi Alan, nice idea but I have got lots of Soviet stars, markings for Spitfires, P40's and 1/32 scale Soviet stars in different styles (CAM) that is the easy part but usually Soviet aircraft have a lot of other markings which is the hard bit. I could build a plain OD/NG P-39 with red stars but would prefer to build an identifiable aircraft, there's some nice profiles in Soviet Lend-Lease Fighter Aces of WW2.

Cheers

Den