P-38 Lightning

ruzlkampf

Hard to take a pic of them wires, every angle I tried came out pixillated in one way or ta-other. Ahh well. Here's a pic of my weathered tires. I now pronounce this build 100% done. Ain't got anymore juice in me to work on it anymore.

Busted out the ME-262 nightfighter tonight for a looky. Better take a pic of it un-started, cuz if I open the box it's off to 'Russville' for some mods. Really liking the projected 'stretched' version with the enclosed 'Berlin' N1a radar. But that's another story,

Last pic of this build, with some weathered tires. Later All, Russ

post-4413-1240216455.jpg

WOW Russ ! :o

Fantastic build, neat cammo, clean assembly: I am toning down my commentaries for lack of appropriate superlatives ! ;)

I am definitely learning a lot on this site, including enriching my thesaurus for words meaning speed.

I knew lightning-fast, rabbit-fast (for love-making :P ), road-runner fast, warp-sumthin for really fast ...now I can add to my vocabulary "rutzelkampf-fast" for finishing something before anyone else has even contemplated thinking about doing it ! :rolleyes:

Example : "Yes honey, I am going to do the dishwashing and the lawn mowing rutzelkampf-fast, before I glue some plastic bits !" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great job buddy ! But I have a plea : will you just leave us a bit of time to do some actual modelling in-between watching your own builds ? :(

Hubert.

Great work Russ. Nice weathering and the dragons rock! See, not so much "smoke and mirrors" for the aerials, huh. :rolleyes:

Did you use the Tamiya pigments for the exhaust??? Looks great.

Looking forward to your 262 and twice the excitement on your pilots faces!

Matt

Russ

Looks great! I still have another of these in the stash, has me thinking about doing another in OD.... but wait, those swine like radiator housings.... hmmm, maybe I'll build a vac kit instead! :)

Dave/Ironman1945

• 7 months later...

Ah, found it at last..Ruzlblitzkampf indeed! This build is...good :) :lol: I found that the P-61 (in any scale) is just as tail-heavy (with even less space to stash any forward weight than the P-38), so it should be pretty good fun when I make a large scale one!

Great looking P-38 Russ, well done.

Cheers

Derek

Good Grief Russ!!!!! Where have you been hiding this beautiful beast? Great weathering and paint scheme...must've taken more than two weeks. Hot babe looks great too. Okay, now that you're done with it put it in a box and ship it on over to my place. Bwahahahahahaa. Fine work man, can't wait to see what's next.

• 4 weeks later...