Violet Lightning--Improved N1K2-J

After I cleaned up the mess I tweaked the prop a big to add some detail and make it look more like what I see in the images. The AMS is really starting to screw me up, I've got to put this thing down....

post-345-1243378302.jpg

See, I"m getting all into the tiny details now and its dragging me down. Instead of using the kit part I made the sway bars out of steel tubing. To me it looks better and it won't break off but this kinda stuff slow ya down big time.

post-345-1243378594.jpg

...and boy did they get it... (KAPOW!!!!!TATTATATTATATTATATAAAATATAT POW, POW POW.......ughhhhh)

Well the good news is nothing goes wasted and I"ll use their parts (parts is parts) to revamp the unfortunate pilot figure. We can rebuild him, we have the technology. I can make him stronger, faster, ...better rooking...and I'm not talking about Col. Steve Austin.

post-3154-1243421836.gif post-3154-1243421836.gif

Methinks you've been kidnapped and taken to Russville!! :ph34r:

Good stuff...

Bwhahahah! I like your style Wingman,...you sure know how to have fun! :ph34r: Wow, the George is coming along great, you've been beating on this like a red-haired stepchild. Whoa ho! What'd you use for those formation lights? That's pretty cool. Man, that pilot looks fantatic! Looks a lot better than anything I've seen in plastic. Sheesh, I shoulda got some of those 21st century kits just to get some molds of those guys. That's the best Japanese figure I've seen in 1/32nd scale by far. Can't wait to see how he looks in the cockpit, man...he's going to really set it off! Can't wait to see the next progress pics! later buddy, Russ

Oh my goodness, :unsure: my favorite part of modeling is painting...this is Alclad II white aluminum. Goes on like a dream, won't peal off when masked even if you use duct tape. The NMF really shows off the great surface detail of this kit.

post-345-1243591704.jpg

It tough to photo the metal image but maybe you can see where I sanded some "dings" into the tank where it would get dented during handling or the ground or if ws dropped and recovered.

post-345-1243592184.jpg

Then it happened....I misted some Testors metalizer "aluminum" buffing over the nose cone and look at the resulsts. I'm just glad I didn't do a larger area...this can be fixed with sanding and repainting but "do not try this at home!!"

post-345-1243592478.jpg