32nd BK-117 B2 "Westpac Rescue"

Anthony in NZ

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks guys, much appreciated.

Well, once again a quick update. Although it dosent look like much the floor turned out to be quite a mission. This is floor number 4! Well I took a sheet of 20thou card and eventually trimmed it to the desired shape. Once I had the floor done I used my P-cutter and cut the radius for the rear.

IMG_7909-1.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

Well, making slow progress............

Thanks again for stopping by.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks guys

Comments like that help for sure. A new TV series started here last night called "Rescue 1" which shows the amazing these guys go and do on a daily basis.....truly amazing. Not to mention the great footage of the chopper!

Thanks again

Anthony

Cheers for that.

Actually for the first time in aaaaages my wife and also a couple of mates have ever shown an interest in a model I have on the bench. I guess some people can relate to a civvie machine rather than one of my previous builds loaded with bombs and rockets? I am actually really enjoying the change of pace and plan on doing a lot more civil stuff from now on.

Peter hows the Jetranger coming along?

Cheers

Anthony

Lookin good, Anthony... as always.

I saw the tv show you mentioned advertised as well and immediately thought of you.

I imagine you have seen Olivers work on his Iroquois? All that brass, that'll be you next.

Keep at it,

Keith.

Thanks Keith

Yes mate, I was glued to that show last night!

Olivers work is amazing on his Huey isnt it. I got a Revell 1/32 Iroquois in a trade with him a couple of months ago. I am going to attempt the massive undertaking of converting it into a big Bell 412 of "Helicopters NZ" as used on the offshore rigs based at New Plymouth.

I think his brasswork is out of my league for now, although I would like to give it a go sometime.

Cheers

Anthony

Cheers for that.

Actually for the first time in aaaaages my wife and also a couple of mates have ever shown an interest in a model I have on the bench. I guess some people can relate to a civvie machine rather than one of my previous builds loaded with bombs and rockets? I am actually really enjoying the change of pace and plan on doing a lot more civil stuff from now on.

Peter hows the Jetranger coming along?

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

The Jet Ranger hasn't seen any progress lately as other kits got more priority last weeks (I always build several simultaneously).

Converting the old Revell Huey to a Bell 412 will be an interesting project with lots of scratchbuilding involved. Don't forget the nose job on that.

I don't think the brasswork of oliver is out of your league! ;)

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter

Yes the 412 will be a huge undertaking, but I am keen for the challenge to have one of those big Bells on the shelf. Thanks for the encouragement on the brasswork. I have done a little on the BK like exhausts and smaller bits but I am thinking of making new skids from brass......we will see though.

Cheers

Anthony..................back from a business trip and keen to get going on the BK again!

Very impressive work so far.

Seeing a helo in progress makes me feel to have a go at one too. I'm sure there are many more that would welcome a helo build as a change.

This might be a good idea to have a Helo-groupbuild once to see how many are secretly waiting for a reason to build one.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Erwin, that would be great to see if you and some others built some choppers......still, I know they are not everyones cup of tea.

Just a quick update. My very good friend in Germany has been working on my photoetch instrument panel among othe things. We are just finalizing some specific details, but here she goes.

BK117AnthonyWestpac-2.jpg

Hasnt he done a great job

Will post another update in the next day or so

Cheers

Anthony