32nd BK-117 B2 "Westpac Rescue"

Anthony in NZ

Anthony,

There really isn't anything I can say that can adequately define your work. Its the same as lookin at Sharks work. I just smile, shake my head, and appreciate what you've done.

Sierra Hotel Bud...

Geoff

anthony, btw mate...what else kind of magic can you do?

as a rotorhead, im really amazed about what you did here so far man...Oliver is right....keep this alive mate!  awesome!

shep

Thanks guys. Talk about drive to finish her...thanks!!!

Instrument panel consul is made and have just started to fold up some photoetch structure under the instrument panel, lets hope it all lines up!

Cant do anymore until Sat/Sun, so a photo update by the end of the weekend.

Stand by

Cheers

Anthony

Ok a photo update as promised. I am sorry you cant see a lot in these pics, but I have been test fitting, trimming and more test fitting etc. Finally I am close to where I need to be before adding more photoetch.

I will take some more pics in a few days when everything is out again and not all crammed in the front fuselage. But I was so pleased at how the cockpit structure is shaping up and all fitting together. I just had to snap some pics before bed.

Ok here you go

bk1012_zpsa8d57ae3.jpg

bk1010_zpsfe43c98d.jpg

bk1011_zpsb3e04c72.jpg

Test fitting photoetch panel...nearly there

bk1007_zpse34425b7.jpg

As you can see...I still have to sort this depth perception thing again!

bk1005_zpse8b88a55.jpg

bk1008_zpsefc405c7.jpg

bk1004_zpsf78d2038.jpg

Ok so I will sort the centre consul out then I have to make the last NACA intake for the cockpit fresh air on the stbd side. Also I have figured out how to deal with the windows in the nose footwells....more on that later.

I am dying to get more into this photoetch from Chris.

Thanks for looking in gents, I will post some different ones in a few days of those scratchbuilt bits in the nose when they are out.

Any advice always appreciated...honestly!

Cheers

Anthony

Ok, so regarding the footwell window situation, I need somehow build a frame for the vac glazing to sit on and look like the actual thing. I am cutting the frame from an old kit I use for practicing fitting parts to, templating etc on for this build. I am then going to thin this frame down and then cut the one out of the kit. Then I will add the floating anchor nuts to the inside(that affixes the screen to the frame on the real machine)and glue this into the fuse. The theory is that if I slightly rebate this like I have done on the other windows I can insert the vac ones that have been carefully trimmed to shape to finish up looking like this...

Exterior, note the way the screen protrudes out from the skin

Img_4424_zps508ddf92.jpg

Interior, note the rebate with the floating anchor nuts

Img_5813_zpscdea05ef.jpg

Anyway, on to the pics, they should explain better

bk1001_zps0ceab4a7.jpg

bk1003_zps3c573b09.jpg

bk1004_zpsca403866.jpg

bk1002_zpsd480b6fe.jpg

Thanks for your patience......

Cheers

Anthony

Decided to quickly snap some pics.

Here is the window frame cut from the old parts kit and thinned down

bk1001_zpsefbf13dc.jpg

One is installed now with the other to be fitted. I took this photo to specifically show the area of the nose that was sanded in to a pointer shape and corrected the window shape as well as the blending into the top of the nose.

bk1006_zps18d4452d.jpg

Inside view

bk1007_zps658e9337.jpg

Everything refinished in Mr Surfacer and reassembled to test

bk1009_zpsa430ffe3.jpg

Got to finish off that NACA cold air intake

bk1011_zps5d3ba8ae.jpg

Side view

bk1013_zps14e1b6c5.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Kev, yes mate this one has been a long haul for me. Thanks for your encouragement!

I have to say that I really enjoyed your Texan build, she came out beautifully.

I decided to make a night sun light that bolts just under the nose for added interest. I also have a 35th Gentex helmet I will position on the seat with some NVG goggles fixed onto the front. so if anyone has a spare from a Live Resin set they would part with....I have a good home for one!

Cheers

Anthony

It's always a pleasure to see progress on any of your builds - it's just inspirational. Your precision is most impressive and I really  hope my builds will become half as precise as yours when I'm grown up!  :)

Edited by Starfighter