32nd BK-117 B2 "Westpac Rescue"

Anthony in NZ

• 5 months later...

This one is for Oliver !!!!

Now here is a thread ya'all haven't seen in a while

DSC_0090_zpsngwme3ao.jpg

DSC_0087_zps8l71nlh5.jpg

Here is some work I did today using Airscale's amazing placard sets.  I cut out some tiny writing and added them to the consul.  Couple of little details to tidy and I can clear coat it!  Looks better in real life than these enlarged pics show....honest lol. Also it is more a dk grey with highlights

Edit:Oops pics added.

Edited by Anthony in NZ

This one is for Oliver !!!!

Now here is a thread ya'all haven't seen in a while

DSC_0090_zpsngwme3ao.jpg

DSC_0087_zps8l71nlh5.jpg

Here is some work I did today using Airscale's amazing placard sets.  I cut out some tiny writing and added them to the consul.  Couple of little details to tidy and I can clear coat it!  Looks better in real life than these enlarged pics show....honest lol. Also it is more a dk grey with highlights

Edit:Oops pics added.

I can now live a restful life since you have posted this update... LOL

Its looking real sharp. I gotta get some airscale  placards for the Wessex I just ordered.   Thanks Anthony, happy to see the BK is still alive.

Haha glad I was able to do this!

You wont regret the Airscale stuff it is truly beautiful, seemed a shame to cut up some placards, but you get a lot. I have a feeling I will be ordering more of his stuff, I cant recommend it highly enough. Some of the photoetch he has done you look at and go..."heh what a good idea making some of those" and "now that will be handy for...". Glad we have people in our community like him making stuff like this.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Matt and Jim, much appreciated guys!

Yes I still pick this one up from time to time. I am waiting on a few details to be clarified on my Mosquito trainer and idle hands cant sit still... :D . I have really been giving this old girl a lot of thought lately, seems a shame to let her sit on the shelf of doom too long.  Time for a dust off and do some more.

​

Cheers

Anthony

Sprayed the coaming above the Inst panel I made.  I have tried to simulate the vinyl type finish of this using a satin black and grey mix. I have to be careful to get the correct balance of finish for a civvie machine...

DSC_0093_zps6c0c1uqi.jpg

Well there you have it. I might need to look at the wiring looms next...

As always thanks for looking in.

Cheers

Anthony

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Martin Kubis said:

Come on Anthony you have to finish this beauty!

Do not let the dust to win :)

LOL....I know, I really should!

The Skyhawk is frustrating me so maybe I need to change tack for a while.  Might re-read the thread to remember how I did some of this stuff!

• 2 weeks later...