Ki-43 "Oscar"

What is that kit pilot doing?!?!?!?

It is the internet, Matt! What do you expect?

Russ, when I read "two gun", I expected to see a pair of 30mms strapped under the wings. :D

This looks almost OOB... Very nice.

Uhhhh, I believe he is 'trying to grasp his joystick'? B) He obviously doesn't have the "Grrr effect" (or the 'pose') I was hoping to achieve. It seems so obvious now.:huh: I fixed it for you Matt, and hope everybody will forgive my unintentional 'Freudian slip'? he he. Whups,...Russ

Maybe it's time to work on my Ki-84 again?

• 2 weeks later...

Whah hah! :wub: Took a little breather to play around with a new "audio editing" program I was delusional enough to purchase. Lotsa fun,...but the Oscar has been mewling for some attention. Hopped back over to this build for awhile, cuz I'm pumped up about doing my 'Quasimodo'(?) pilot figure again. Back to the silk scarf also, because I guess the headband would've been used for a kamikaze mission only. Darn, that woulda looked cool too. :lol:

Anyway, I used this cockpit to play around with some aotake type colors because it won't be seen at all. This is plan'A'. Base coat of Pontiac engine light metallic blue, with a green wash. Mehhh. I dunno. :lol: Here's some pics in different light to check it out. Also got my engine built/painted/prop attached.

post-4413-1237678703.jpg

post-4413-1237678712.jpg

The seat originally sat on the floor of the pit, but I've got it jacked up about a scale foot so the pilot will be able to see where he's taxiing to. I'm sculpting on the pilot to get those 'voids' filled in, so I can paint him and get this fuse zipped up. I've got a fairly interesting paint-scheme picked out with an erratic green mottle over silver. Whooo, can't wait! :wub:

Not many pieces in this kit, so it'll build pretty quick. Such a clean design, I'm tempted to just make it NMF all over with just the meatballs to let the lines show. Going to be thumping on this kit pretty heavy this weekend, so I should have some pics soon. Later, Russ

post-4413-1237679374.jpg

post-4413-1237679381.jpg

Ahhhh, I forget how.....sensitive.... you are Matt. :wub: Here ya go, I'll 'make the bad man go away'. Here's robo-pilot after some initial sculpting. Little bit more dissolved putty to smooth in around the Milliput, and he'll be ready for paint.

post-4413-1237716038.jpg

I'm gonna hijack my own thread, cuz I had a really fun time out flying this Fokker D-VIII control-line model today. At least it's a LSP, eh? It's in 1/6th scale, and I made no consessions to making it flyable.(scale airfoil, control surfaces, wing angle of attack,...ect.) Pilot is 12inches tall(uhmm, lemme see...thats 305cm?) Anyway, I only crashed it twice...and had a blast, so I thought I'd share. Here I am getting it rigged;

post-4413-1237716694.jpg

Getting it fired up, and trying to get the glow plug igniter off without poking my eye out...or losing a finger. Position of the top wing made it imperative to start inverted, flip it over, hand off to a helper to hold whilst I went to grab the controls. Less than optimal,.. but loads of fun! :rolleyes:

post-4413-1237717131.jpg

OK, after 'pranging' it on the first flight whilst getting a feel of controlling the reins, I had to put the green cowling back on cuz the prop shattered the red one. It was cool. Couldn't find a white scarf for the pilot, so blue had to do. :rolleyes:

post-4413-1237717466.jpg