J7W1

fastzx

This is such a cool build Jon. I recently acquired the Hasegawa 1/48 kit, and building one in 1/32 is just so unique. You're doing a great job too, and I can't wait to see it with some paint on.

Kev

Jon,

Well,And i guess i should say.DDDAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!U are one for scracthbuilding.And that J7W1 is more than off the wall and then some.U Sir!Are a master at scracthbuild as to this project and it looks even better than the scracthbuilders kit.To bad u could do a kit for us guys.U could make some serious money.Larry

Thanks Larry,

I owe alot to you and Dave Thompson and many more here at LSP to encourage me to scratch and convert and modify.

And mucho thanks to you for the great J7W1 intell you gave me.

I am looking at seeing if I could make a mould for this but I'm sure I'd need Harold to do a drop in cockpit.

Radu has offered to assist with MDC help, but I'm embarased by my first crude attempt at this plane.

Like Rodney Williams says if you build a part and it does not look right or good enough just tear it out and do it over.

That's kind of where I am at this stage with the side cooling vents for the exhaust clusters on the side and I need to give the wing a bit more thickness

to get the wheel well depth correct. ( That's why I'm sneaking off and working on the Jack)

Jon

:lol:

:lol:

This is such a cool build Jon. I recently acquired the Hasegawa 1/48 kit, and building one in 1/32 is just so unique. You're doing a great job too, and I can't wait to see it with some paint on.

Kev

Kev,

I sent my 1/48th J7W1 to Dave Thompson and begged him to kit this plane just before we lost him.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Consider this my official request for a copy of your J7W1 kit once its produced. Resin, vac or a combo of the two, whatever you can manage. It would be a shame for this work to end at the original copy and it seems to be a popular subject. Other guys like Radu have made copies of theirs so its possible.

Looking very well!

You must get this copied in resin. You can find plenty of people willing to help with the casting. Even if you do not release it as a full run, you will still sell a few and cover your costs. You have a customer here.

Radu