First progress. Some dryfitting,cleaning up the parts and made the cowling.

Nothing will be seen from the engine as I glued all parts.

This might be the most expensive Revell WW-2 kit on the earth,but it's still old, bad fitting and doesn't do it's price justice.

jack-1.jpg

Alright Erwin! This is a classic. Can't wait to see how it builds up. Congratulations on winning a prize in the Carrier GB! :huh: Russ

Second most expensive!

I have the Revell George with a vacuformed conversion to make it a Rex.

I weep every time I think about it.

Sincerely,

Mark

Second most expensive!

I have the Revell George with a vacuformed conversion to make it a Rex.

I weep every time I think about it.

Sincerely,

Mark

High time to build it !!

Erwin,

I'm glad you are building this Jack kit. They only built about 350 real Jacks before the war ended I understand. Revell at least out prodused them in that respect.

I have one in my stash only cause i wanted all the old Revell boxart kits from the late 60's mostly by Jack Lynnwood.

This was one of my first ever EBAY purchases $60.00 USD back then years ago seemed like a lot of money but it's peanuts now.

I got an already built and crashed Jack from Larry so I could actually build the kit!!!!

The Jack and George are on my "to do list"

Anyway Hasegawa will most likely put out some IM kits soon LOL

I converted an "expensive" KI-61 to a KI-100 and it seemed terrible to do so.

Anyway I'm glad you are doing the Jack - that will make me do my rebuild at least since it's on the list.

Cheers,

Jon

Progress on the Jack will have to wait a bit untill I finished my "D-Day groupbuild " entry on a Belgian and British site...

1/35 th Antlantikwall pill-boxdiorama...

bunk5.jpg

Hey- can I have the box when you are done? I'm going to start collecting those old Revell box top paintings.

Good luck with that build, I remember building that one back in the day.

Steve

I have a Jack... where can I get aftermarket parts for it? :P :lol: ;)

I have to admit I've held off on building this one yet as it will need a lot of extra work to do it justice.

Go Erwin!

Tim W.

Erwin,

I'm glad you are building this Jack kit. They only built about 300 real Jacks before the war ended I understand. Revell at least out prodused them in that respect.

I have one in my stash only cause i wanted all the old Revell boxart kits from the late 60's mostly by Jack Lynnwood.

This was one of my first ever EBAY purchases $60.00 USD back then years ago seemed like a lot of money but it's peanuts now.

I got an already built and crashed Jack from Larry so I could actually build the kit!!!!

The Jack and George are on my "to do list"

Anyway Hasegawa will most likely put out some IJ kits soon LOL

I converted an "expensive KI-61 to a KI-100 and it seemed sacralidge to do so.

Anyway I'm glads you are doing the Jack - that will make me do my rebuild at least since it's on the list.

Cheers,

Jon

Guest TimC

Uh...can I ask a dumb question? I am curious as to why you painted the cockpit of Jack, blue? Jack should have a green cockpit similar to FS34102. The inside surfaces except the cockpit would be aotake (blue-green or strictly meaning bamboo color). But...it's your Jack, I was just curious.