Oscar and Tony

vvwse4

The Ki-43 should have only lap belts. I have some pics around of my 'pit for a Ki-43-I, and if you'd like, I'll post them. Not the best quality, but you'll be able to make out some of the details.

The Ki-43 should have only lap belts. I have some pics around of my 'pit for a Ki-43-I, and if you'd like, I'll post them. Not the best quality, but you'll be able to make out some of the details.

Hi Mike,

That would be helpful, PB sent with my emailadress.

Rick

Yesyesyes, a whole afternoon for myself :) ;) :lol:

Been doing the cockpits for both of them, I think I declare them finished.

The Oscar

paint011.jpg

paint012.jpg

paint013.jpg

paint014.jpg

And the Tony

paint007.jpg

paint008.jpg

paint009.jpg

paint010.jpg

Overall I added some wiring and the rest was a paintjob. hope you like it a little bit.

Rick.

Alright Rick! I've been playing around with interior colors for my Oscar too. Probably going to bomb big-time, cuz I'm going with a Pontiac engine metallic blue for a basecoat, with a French blue wash. :) Ought to be interesting.

Looking good, dude....looking good. Are you going to work on the engines next, or zip the fuselages up? Finalized the Sentai and camo schemes yet that you'll put on them? Can't wait to see the next progress pics buddy! Russ

Alright Rick! I've been playing around with interior colors for my Oscar too. Probably going to bomb big-time, cuz I'm going with a Pontiac engine metallic blue for a basecoat, with a French blue wash. :huh: Ought to be interesting.

Looking good, dude....looking good. Are you going to work on the engines next, or zip the fuselages up? Finalized the Sentai and camo schemes yet that you'll put on them? Can't wait to see the next progress pics buddy! Russ

Hi Russ,

The Tony will be zipped up, I am not sure which colours too give that one. I found these ones rather cool also, but I canot make my mind up yet.

65_15.jpg

65_28.jpg

65_31.jpg

65_8-1.jpg

Also copied from wingpallette BTW

The Oscar engine will receive some attention, it too beautifull. The colours will defenitely be this one

65_14.jpg

Which Tony would you like?

Rick.

Made some progress, zipped everything together and spend some time filling and sanding, not to mention taping. Such fun :rolleyes:

I begin too like Tony better and better, it is a nice looking plane. I saw in the instructions that it is a kit from 1972!!!

paint015.jpg

paint019.jpg

Oscar comes along nice to, had to cut a little bit for the exhausts, but it looks allright now.

paint016.jpg

paint017.jpg

paint020.jpg

Cheers, :P

Rick.

Whoooo, yeah I'm liking that Oscar scheme! :rolleyes: I can't EVEN decide what paintjob I'm going to do my Tony in yet, let alone try and give suggestions. Looking good on the interiors! My Pontiac engine blue didn't come out as planned,....good thing I've got a pilot to plug the hole! he heh! Can't wait wait to see what markings you decide on for the Ki-61. So many cool schemes to choose from,...it's a tough choice. Later Rick,....Russ

A question about the Oscar scheme, I assumed that all Japanese fighters were natural metal, but I am not completely sure about this one, could it be light gray the underside? :rolleyes:

65_14.jpg

I know that it is only a drawning, but the fuel tanks were light gray as far as I know. Could somebody shine some light on this?

Rick.

I have the same quandry Rick. The things I have read stated a gray-green underside to a certain point in 1944, from then on, bare metal. The profiles all look like gray to me. I have a reference for IJA Aircraft Markings and it seems that you could go either way, depending upon which regiment the aircraft was assigned. I am trying to find something a little more definite. Sorry, but I am not much help.

Matt

Heeey Rick! Did some searching on these tail markings, and most(if not all) of the AC shown looked like they were delivered in green/grey during the time period of mid '43. Looks like you're building an 'early' version of this Oscar II, so it MIGHT have been originally those colors? Read where they applied a local camo to these with whaterever paint they could mix/find, so who would know what those top colors could be? Really cool choice of a camo scheme,...can't wait to see how it turns out!

Excellent progress Rick and what a nice and colorfull sheme you choose for that Oscar.

As far as belly color is concerned, I am of no help I am affraid :rolleyes:

I would nevertheless go for NMF belly but that is just my 2 cents...

Cheers,

loic