Ki-100

Loic

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the kind words and encouragements.

I am currently working on the engine and i will post pics as soon as i have some valuable info to share.

Cheers guys!

Loic

Loic,

What an excellent choice for the GB.As always I'll be following this thread with the greatest of interest.For sure if this new project is as beautiful as the Kate turned out we're all in for a treat.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Hi everybody,

Greg,

thanks for the praise :lol:

I have kind of being working flat out on the Kate to meet the dead line plus I had time lately due to plant shut down... but

I am now working at a more "acceptable" rate (to me and my family at least!) on this Ki-100 as it is ment to be a "relaxing" build B)

I have been doing some work on the engine and I now only need to solve a "few" of issues before I can post some pics... that should hopefully happen during the weekend if no act of God :blink:

Nb: "God" is how we name the baby at home ;)

Cheers,

Loic

Hi guys,

I guess it is time to start sharing what I have been doing on that bird so far ;)

As I think I have already said, before doing anything else, I must have an engine before being able do start working on modifying the front end of the airplane... The problem is that Mitsubishi Ha-112 are not easily available in 1/32 scale :)

So, I decided to try make one... from the "good old" hasegawa Sakae engine :rolleyes:

The main obvious differences between those 2 engines are the following:

- on Ha-112, push rods are on the front side of each cylindre row compared to Sakae for which there is one on the front and one on the back

- on Ha-112, push rods are not displayed in a radial patern like on tha Sakae, the meet in a "V" shape on the crankcase

- on Ha-112, there is no spark/ignition wiring ring in front of the engine, the wiring comes from the back on each side of the engine

these are the most obvious as there are many many other... these engines being completly different engines.

Here is a drawing to try help you guys understand the mess above...

post-3547-1236450728.jpg

So... I started from a Ki-43 engine (Hase kit) that I did build about 15 years ago... it was not the best modelling job ever as you can see from what remains of it:

post-3547-1236450943.jpg

I have then made some new parts for this engine and detailled some others.

It was only possible to use the front row of cylindres due to push rod arrangement so I have to cast those parts in order to have a complete engine... so, having to do this, I though it would be a good idea to cast the entire engine in case I need an other one someday (who knows?).

Here are the parts I will use as masters

post-3547-1236451550.jpg

that was from front end to rear end:

- crank case

- push rod "connexion ring" (have no idea how this is called)

- main engine block (I will need 2 of this one)

- cylinders (I will need 2x7 pieces)

- air intake manifold (I apparently lost the kit one...)

I have boxed all those part this afternoon and the silicon is currently curring...

I hope I will be able to try resin casting by the end of the weekend :)

There still will be some work to do like creating push rods, etc... but the parts are ment to be cast in a rather "advanced" state with all the hole pre drilled, etc... so completing the engine should not be that long I hope.

Hope you guys like it so far.

Cheers,

Loic