Revell Ju 88C-2

blackbetty

Hi the paint mask looks great very handy.

The thread is indeed very thick from a advice here on the forum leadwire you can get this at the fishingstore they use it with flyfishing cheap and work like a dream never use coper a gane.

greetings johan

thanx johann, i will look into the fishing line, but for now i try copperwire

hagar, the plotter/cutter is an old roland colourcamm model i have at work. we used to cut letters for our exhibitions and such. its not used this much anymore, but since its on my desk, i use it ;)

i played around a little with it, to see, if i could do masks for the canopy. its difficult to get the outlines of the glasspanels correct. i may try other methods of getting good templates, i will keep you posted

i ripped the too thick wire out and replaced it with copper wire, the valves of the bottles are still missing

post-2020-1237366234.jpg

this was when i discovered that :lol: ......

i mounted the left and right MG 17 upside down :angry:

:angry:

*insert colourfull language here*

*more colourful language*

i was able to get the left gun out unbroken :P and rotate it 180 degrees.

the right one was another story.... i had to take the chute off and...*more colourful language*

the chutes for the other guns have to be modified too. lots of work for nothing. i briefly glanced at my A-7 kit i had stopped working on when the 88 showed up ;)

gotta take a break

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the kind words brian
i will drybrush the whole cockpit once i have pained it. actually on all the pics of german guns i have seen they are pretty glossy in appearence unsure.gif i thought a bout using some semigloss varnish to tone them down a little bit
i also worked on the canopy mask with my cutter with the method described above. i'm not sure if i am not doing more work than necessary with vectorizing and cutting the masks

post-2020-1238070112.jpg

thank you, loic, glad you like it

some more masks:

the second sidewindow on the port starboard side of the canopy of the C2 and maybe of the C4 models was smaller, a apart of it was metal, maybe for anti glare reasons

post-2020-1238074731.jpg

now i only have to find a way to replace the right windshield with the hole for the front MG 15, it wasnt there on destroyer versions from the C2 onwards unsure.gif
in the meantime i made masks for the windows in the cockpit floor. i'm pretty sure the C2 still had them, because this version also retained the bottom windows as shown above

post-2020-1238074952.jpg

hi

thought i would let you know that the long center part is not a window..that is aluinum..but the small ones are inspectionwindows B)

looking good

and you are right about german machine guns, they are shiny black and the Mg 17`s rear part was painted in silkmatt black..not blued

so they have a shiny look ( half glossy )