Revell Ju 88C-2

blackbetty

thanx guttorm, i know you would come to help out :lol:

as for the masks: its really hard to get them right, i have to use the knife to trimm them to get a near perfect fit. there is NOT ONE of the windows the same size on the front part!

what i will do is that when i painted my canopy i will try and pull the masks off carefully and i can then duplicate them. dont know if there is enough interrest in them to do all the work :lol:

thanx guttorm, i know you would come to help out ;)

as for the masks: its really hard to get them right, i have to use the knife to trimm them to get a near perfect fit. there is NOT ONE of the windows the same size on the front part!

what i will do is that when i painted my canopy i will try and pull the masks off carefully and i can then duplicate them. dont know if there is enough interrest in them to do all the work :lol:

glad i could help :)

the montex masks are looking good, might try them on a future build. these are made by pros and will surely be better than mine so i wont bother duplicating mine.
your input has been invaluable, guttorm. i still have more questions: what would have to be left off from the bomber cockpit interior? as far as i know the bombsight (obviously, because the guns are in its place), then there are modifications to the cockpit wall i have allready done, see above. but what about the copilots seat? should it be removed? i'm ashamed to admit, but i cant figure out where the gunner for the lower gun has his seat. is it a folding seat? the destroyer versions only have three crew mebers, so who lost his place? i read somwhere it was the copilot/bombardier. in my cutaway drawing there is a bycicle type seat behind the guns on the C6 version.... unsure.gifunsure.gif
any insight appreciated, thanx

hi

the bombadiers seat should go. now for the bottom gondola gunner..he has a foldingseat. its in the kit.. on the right side wall in the back.

you can glue it upright or folded out.. whatever you choose :(

your build is very good. looking forward to see more :lol:

to make things worse, they are too short and wrong in shape :lol:

(this is just my personal opinion :blink: i dont want to step on anybodys toes, but the drawings i use are the most accurate i have seen)

so these wont do it for me. i sent pastor john an email to get a set of his wingtips, they come with new flaps, along with an order for the instrument decals

comments, sugesstions and corrections welcome

post-2020-1238505725.jpg

A very interesting thread and absolutely superb work on this project. Just a question on the right front windshield and the MG 15 mount. I am interested in doing one of the very early Zerstorer Staffel KG 30 Ju 88 Cs in Norway in 1940. Would that windshield MG 15 still be in place? Thanks for any advice.

Rich S.

thanx rich :rolleyes:

about the MG 15 in the front windshield: i have yet to see a pic with the steel nose and the gun in place. it seems only the very early C-0s (pre series that were also designated with a "V" for "versuch" - test) that were later redesignated C1, did have provisions for the gun. i have a very simple explanation why it was never installed: you just cant fire it, because of the four-gun mount being in the way. the gun couldnt be fired automatically by the pilot, it was hand fired. flash can also be one of the reasons, it was directly in front of the pilot.

The "C-2" in gardermoen has A1 wings.. but the identity has never been fully cleared..we know the werknumber and that its a reworked A1..

but it might be a C-0 that was designated C-1 or C-2

here it is on the mountain during the war..no Mg 15 in the nose

post-5311-1238771163.jpg