Lysander 1/32 Cockpit canopy

uhuman

Hello All,

Can anyone help please? I have the Matchbox 1/32 Lysander kit (PK 504). I have had a mishap with one of the cockpit canopies (Part 104 starboard window section). This is a Matchbox kit, but I believe that the parts from the Revell 1/32 Lysander are interchangeable but I don't know the Revell part number. If I have this, then I could hopefully order one from Revell. has anyone built the Revell kit and could let me know the number, or would anyone have a replacement spare.

With many thanks,

Uhuman.

I would imagine the Revell parts are the same numbers as Matchbox, they're the exact same moulds, Revell are really good with replacement parts, though they might charge you, your best bet is to phone them, I'm sure the number is there on the website.

Hello All,

Can anyone help please? I have the Matchbox 1/32 Lysander kit (PK 504). I have had a mishap with one of the cockpit canopies (Part 104 starboard window section). This is a Matchbox kit, but I believe that the parts from the Revell 1/32 Lysander are interchangeable but I don't know the Revell part number. If I have this, then I could hopefully order one from Revell. has anyone built the Revell kit and could let me know the number, or would anyone have a replacement spare.

With many thanks,

Uhuman.

sorry can't help----but someone will either have a bit for you, or at least get you the part no. i'm sure---in the meantime---and for any other lysander builders--take a look at the following and be inspired---it's in french but---wow! go to 'master194.com---click on 'maquettes'---then click on 'avions a' helice'-- scroll down to 'L' and see the most gorgeous lysander build!

dave.

sorry can't help----but someone will either have a bit for you, or at least get you the part no. i'm sure---in the meantime---and for any other lysander builders--take a look at the following and be inspired---it's in french but---wow! go to 'master194.com---click on 'maquettes'---then click on 'avions a' helice'-- scroll down to 'L' and see the most gorgeous lysander build!

Here's a direct link to the 1/32 Lysander that Dave mentioned immediately above. Very nice indeed!

Charles Metz

Here's a direct link to the 1/32 Lysander that Dave mentioned immediately above. Very nice indeed!

Charles Metz

don't know how to do that charles! yes, i'm in many respects a caveman---who was it said something along the lines of 'any basic culture coming into contact with an incredibly advanced civilisation would find it indistinquishable from magic' well, i'm basic, and computers are magic!---

dave. edit---might have been that great scientist and sci-fi author isaac asimov-----a hero of mine for 40 years, but i'm not cetain.

don't know how to do that charles!

OK, time for a quick lesson. Trust me: I'm a teacher. :(

(1) When you're at the website for which you want to provide a link, put your cursor into the web-address box at the top of your browser's window, select all of that box's contents, and then either type "Command-C" or select "Copy" on a pull-down menu to copy the content of the web-address box onto your computer's clipboard.

(2) Now back in one of the LSP discussion threads, click "Quote" or "Reply" as you do already to get a window in which you can compose your reply.

(3) Start typing your reply as you do already, but when you get to the point where you want to insert a link, click on the little green icon on the left end of the row of icons under "Fonts," immediately above the window that you're typing into. This will produce an additional small window, into which you should paste the web address that you copied back in Step 1, and then click "OK."

(4) Now you'll get another new window, into which you should type some text that will describe the web address that you just pasted -- e.g., this is where I typed "Here's a direct link" in my posting above -- and then click "OK."

(5) You'll now find yourself back in the window in which you began to compose your reply. Make sure that your cursor is at the right place within that window, and then finish typing your reply.

(6) Click the "Preview Post" button below the window in which you typed your reply, which will allow you to see exactly what your reply will look like after it's posted. The link that you put into your message will be underlined. [You can format it also as bold etc. if you wish, but let's leave such tricks for another lesson.] Click on the link to make sure that it works, and check the spelling and grammar of your post. [NOTE: With some "frame-based" websites, such as Sprue Brothers' webstore and most discussion boards, when you click on the link in your post's preview you'll find that you're sent to the website's or discussion board's "home page" rather than to the particular product listing or message for which you wanted to provide a link. Such situations must be dealt with individually, so let's forget about them until an advanced lesson.]

(7) If all is well, click the "Add Reply" button; otherwise, make any necessary corrections in the text box below the preview and return to Step 6.

Give it a try!

Charles Metz

don't know how to do that charles! yes, i'm in many respects a caveman---who was it said something along the lines of 'any basic culture coming into contact with an incredibly advanced civilisation would find it indistinquishable from magic' well, i'm basic, and computers are magic!---

dave. edit---might have been that great scientist and sci-fi author isaac asimov-----a hero of mine for 40 years, but i'm not cetain.

That was Arthur C. Clarke Dave, and the quote was something closer to any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Kev

That was Arthur C. Clarke Dave, and the quote was something closer to any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Your mention of Arthur C. Clarke made me realize that Dave/Rotary included an either unintentional or brilliantly subtle reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey in his previous post. Listen to what HAL says at 1:00 in this YouTube clip.

Charles Metz

Your mention of Arthur C. Clarke made me realize that Dave/Rotary included an either unintentional or brilliantly subtle reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey in his previous post. Listen to what HAL says at 1:00 in this YouTube clip.

Charles Metz

whilst i would love to pretend both brilliance and subtlety---i have to come clean and admit---whatever it was, unintentional--and therefore wonder if your'e thinking of my 'caveman' ref. and how in the most famous cuts in cinema we go from caveman(ish) throwing his new found weapon---to space station in earth orbit.....all i can think of, and watching the clip doesn't help me---or my feeling that i'm remotely correct. must be reaction setting in!

dave.

I think I can help you out with an entire new canopy. PM me with your address and I'll pop it into the mail for you. Free of charge!!!

Ron

Thanks very much, Ron. PM sent.

I boxed it up today and will pop in the post this afternoon. I sent you all the glass for the kit, I had to cut the sprue up to fit in the box though. Everytime I get something in the post from the UK it's been openned by custom's, I hope they are careful not to loose any of the bits

Ron