Gloster Meteor F3 - 1:32

Butler

Not much to add since last time, although i've purchased a Sea Venom in order to steal it's engine.

The Midlands Air Museum have both the Ghost used in the Venom and the Derwent used in the Meteor on display. To my eyes they look very similar in size and basic layout so i've decided to modify the Ghost engine for my purposes. More on this when the time comes.

In the mean time, here's a quick pic of one of the Ghost parts against the Meteor plans (actually this is not a part I will need to use :lol: ):

post-4669-1234634164.jpg

All you folks that just pop a plane out from scratch with no kit just amase me.

I have to agree with that, although I wouldn't include me in that list as i've used the cardboard kit design as a template - someone else has done most of the hard work!

Right, i've made a start to the wings. The card template has the wings built in a different way, but i've chosen a different method. This allows me to blend the wings into the fuselage without the rest of the length of the wing getting in my way (not to mention the engine nacelles).

I've removed the flaps and allowed space for them to be displayed lowered. I've also removed the airbrakes in order to display them slightly raised on the finished model. The airbrake pattern would be quite tricky to scribe so this is probably the easy way! The airbrakes can be seen on the plan at the top of this page.

Fixing method:

post-4669-1235068123.jpg

Last one for the meantime. The gap-less fit is all down to the card template designer :rolleyes:

Before they are fixed for good i just need to finish boxing in the wheel wells and flaps. Once fitted only a small fillet is needed (as can be seen on the plan at the top of the page).

post-4669-1235068417.jpg

Last one for the meantime. The gap-less fit is all down to the card template designer ;)

Before they are fixed for good i just need to finish boxing in the wheel wells and flaps. Once fitted only a small fillet is needed (as can be seen on the plan at the top of the page).

post-4669-1235068417.jpg

Excelent work on this model. Look forward to more pics.

"Make me one will you" :rolleyes:

Denie

Hi Butler,

I am slowly catching up with all the goodies I have missed during the last 3 weeks or so and this is one impressive project!

Lovely work so far, most impressive I think and I especially like this method of building your wings :rolleyes:

Keep it up!

Cheers,

Loic

Inspirational build there Butler!!

There is a flyable F8 at Temora, Australia.

Lucky me, I got to take some photos, wheel wells, gun bay(port) that kind of thing.

Meteor.jpg

Say if you'd like more.