Bad review Dragon Bf110

Pfuf

This tom cleaver let it sound if it so bad lool.

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/axis/cleaver/tmc110c7.htm

Wel yes there are some problems on how not to follow the instructions but Tom needs to take some time of from moddeling Beaten the Dragon My god.

Did he not get a free sample.

I injoy this kit cant say I have run in to big trouble I dry fit everything more then 5 times just therefore i love to see the contours of the plane so maybe that 's why and my advice.

Beaten the dragon my god drama queen :unsure:

Tom can complain all he wants.

Although neither kit is without issues, I think everyone here will agree that the Dragon Messerschmitt is a good deal better than the old Revell kit.

And the Revell 110 is not really a bad kit (IMHO)

Keith.

I must give Tom fairly.

Decals of the sentence is worthless, a part is wrong, the other is missing.

The blueprint is a share confuse search plan.

The accuracy of the right wing party of the left inlet are already borderline.

That is the good parts are too big and they can after the installation in the form of grinding.

Landing headlights fits well but you can look in the wings. The same applies if you open the engines of

For me it is a good average kit, artisanal error, (it is not the first kit the Dragon has brought out!) The poor price performance ratio (90, - €)

behind allow a thread flavor.

Pitbiker

I don't think Mr Cleaver ever likes a kit, especially by Dragon. That being said the price point is in the Trumpeter range, and that's a bit steep for having to buy aftermarket decals etc. The P-51 that he dismissed as terrible I amgetting ready to start, has issues that are well documented, but is at least half the price, less if you catch a sale. So.........Me I ignore Toms reviews and join forums (I'm a new guy here in case you missed my hello) and ask the folks like me who buy and build what they think and how to fix what needs fixin'

Gotta go to work!

Cheers

Rob

I take TC's reviews with the proverbial "grain of salt". My guess in this case is that the issues may have been caused by the builder, rather than the kit as others that are building, or have built the kit have not noted these massive problems.

Also, he did get the kit for free BTW, as Hobbylink Japan provided it for him (as noted at the end of the rant-review).

Cheers,

Doug

The instruction issue.... well yes it has been noted and "most" modelers can get past that. Decals not really an issue for as I rarely use the kit stuff. Is it possible to cut the crosses down to the right size? A ruler some math; issue solved (I am guessing here). No swastikas..... Hmm perhaps dragon wants to sell it in the EU (Germany) or do they allow that symbol now??? Maybe the one they measured did not have them.....I really do not know. I have seen where several of these have been built with none of these issues mentioned. Dragon or the Revell (mine is scribed with the rutman stuff) I’ll go dragon. "My guess in this case is that the issues may have been caused by the builder,” what Doug said.

S!

My only big issue is with the instructions, and perhaps the photoetch parts. They're terrible. Price? I would've spent more in time & money getting the Revell kit up to snuff. As far as the decals go, I wasn't planning on using them anyway, and again, they're terrible. Overall though it's light years away from the old Revell kit in accuracy and detail. And for what it's worth, this kit is one of the very very few I've built where the fit of the parts was compromised by just one coat of paint! A few parts I'll have to remove paint from the joining surfaces, in order for them to fit properly. The Tamiya Zero is like that too.

I'm grateful to see this beautiful kit on the market, and I've certainly enjoyed working on it, as little time as I have available for it! Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's the best '110 out there! :lol:

I'd like to know what TC has been smoking! This quote was also in his review...

"This model is going to look very cool sitting next to the just-arrived Revell Ju-88A-1 (a kit with its own share of problems, I hear)"

Tom Cleaver does his thing with his reviews.

Personally, I like reading his reviews. I find them very entertaining.

However, I do not take any reviews seriously, especially his.

I have about a half dozen Revell Me-110s, builts and kits.

Do you guys think I am going to spend my hard earned money on Dragon's version of the Me-110?

Not in a zillion years.

I have enough of the 110's

I will put my money into Revell's new Ju-88

I do not care anything at all about Dragon's Me-110 as I have more than enough of the old Revells kits.

Revell got smart and issued a kit which is not another Me-110.

Hoo Hah for Revell and their Ju-88.

Hoo Hah for any company that issues kits of airplanes that have not been available before in 1/32 scale.

You guys know what I think of Dragon.

Happy noosch yearsch!!!

Stephen

I started out on Hawk, Revel, Monogram and others and although they are prehistoric compared to what we have now, very few people complained (my Dad had a hobby shop that I worked in, so I know). Back then you bought it, built it and either played with it or displayed it. Some "masters" would show you how to spiff it up if that is what you wanted. Simple things like sanding off the markings. We built to enjoy.

Now it seems that a kit is released along with the hounds and mobs with pitch forks decrying it. It would be more fun if we got a kit that was very nice and built it or fixed it and shared our procedures. I see some peoples work (Radu with his Arado, Chris with his VF Uhu, ect) and get inspired to try new things with quite a few failures. But I also get some stuff right. If I wanted a perfect product every time I would give up models and play more golf. Oops no cant do that. I suck at golf.

My thoughts, take them or leave them.

BTW Happy New Year guys and girls.

James

Yeah, it's not perfect,

An interesting observation. Given it's essentially Dragons second foray in 1/32 is it reasonable to expect it to be perfect? Looking at it from the glass is half full perspective it looks promising if you consider their first kits reception and the improvements in manufacturing that have led to a generally well recieved Me110. If the improvement is linear can you imagine how good kit release number 3 could be!! :P

I'd be inclined to read as many reviews as possible. Toms reviews are detailed on historical info and may contain useful info about the ease of build. The more info you have the better informed and grounded your expectations are likely to be. TC- as ever entertaining but I'd still read it and consider what he has had to say. It must have taken a fair amount of effort to write the review.

cheers Matty

The Dragon kit is definitely a quantum leap to the old Revell kits.

The perfect kit and it will not happen!

But you should have the large and small error and also respond with not everything leveling; is super, Perfect etc.

Because without criticism, even if it hurts sometimes can not respond Dragon. That it may have shown in the past.

The more the 32 manufacturers market, the more beautiful models, and always, we will get better.

The above-said of course also true for all other manufacturers.

The year 2009 is already showing us.

Eduard also comes with its Bf 109 E-1 is not the perfect model we deliver, even if the expectations are very high (my).

Happy modeling 2009

Pitbiker :P