Dragon Bf110

Pfuf

No the gauges them self are in the inside and a pilot can read them from the cockpit only the holes are both sides .

groeten johan

Gentlemen,

In the book referenced earlyier by me I find that there is a picture on page 33 bottom pic that shows that yes the holes were on both sides and in the bottom photo on page 99 the hloes can be again seen on the inside. And on page 67 of the same book there is a picture of the gauges mounted on the engine that as Jeff reasoned are on the inside to be viewed by the pilot No wonder they looked like black circles when shown on the outside. It must be a good day today, something learned. Thank you Jeff, Jim, Pfuf and Steve.

Mike

Just going through my refrences and the machines did have view ports on both sides of the cowls, but as often as not, the outboard ports were covered with a patch and/or painted over. It also appears that the ports may have had transpenecies in them, at least some of the time. But even if you intend to putty over the outboard ports, leaving a sink mark and/or spot of miss-matched paint or primer would be correct, as just about every shot I could find had some kind of hint of the port location.

Thanks Steve.

Jeff

Here I have the side frame and installed the heatshield that comes on top of the protecting the spark plug cable.

I now understand what was the fit problem the engine frame and Waterpipe go in to the holes only trouble is they are a little bit shallow so this is why if you have the front watertank installed it wil not fit.

The right engine i did not install the tank you cant see it so no problem there.

post-5365-1231373965.jpg

The oilpipes made and the white evergreen is the door that can beopend for the cooling sry my english. now hte thing is the other engine don't have that you look strait in to the engine strange.

post-5365-1231461607.jpg

Made the mounting plate and drilled out the lifting eye made them thinner so the plate wil not stick out to far.

The size of the coolingwater valve think the are there to get the air out made a bit to big maybe tomorrow i make them smaller safe them for a other project.

post-5365-1231461213.jpg

And last picture need more pipe's to be fitte I leave the cowl that on top of the wing on there becose i realy like to get on whit this project and that is a big hole to be filled .

post-5365-1231461485.jpg

Really nice work. Don't worry about the things you cannot see. You know they are there and all that extra work helps stretch the modeling dollar! :)

Keep up the good work, it is giving me hope for my 110.

Matt

Hi now did the extra work so made the watervalve smaller so now I have them when there ever comes a 1/24 version the valves are ready.

and made a start what I think is the Rpm meter on the left right site of the engine tomorow I wil post a pic wehn that is installed.

Groeten johan

post-5365-1231547536.jpg

Well it was late but I did a lot of work made the rev counter and some eletric switche I think it is.

On the tank behind there are 2 pipes 1 on eage site pice of hose with a stop in it sry hard to explain.

And the pipe to the exhaust think were it drop the air if it's in the system out of it.

Yes the white of the evergreen it's difficult to get the picture good.

Groeten johan

post-5365-1231575130.jpg

Well it was late but I did a lot of work made the rev counter and some eletric switche I think it is.

On the tank behind there are 2 pipes 1 on eage site pice of hose with a stop in it sry hard to explain.

And the pipe to the exhaust think were it drop the air if it's in the system out of it.

Yes the white of the evergreen it's difficult to get the picture good.

Groeten johan

Looks good, maybe a bit late but hupefully this helps.

Me110G-2.jpg

Rick.