FROG Hellcat

vvwse4

So if I was Russ now was the time to impress everybody with a staggering build and a conversion to something wonderfull. Well, I am not Russ. Two days ago I started this one.

F6F001.jpg

I got it from Erwin, but I want to do the US Navy colours because I think that those colours look very good. So I did. It is now 0300 in the morning and the build was easy, no big problems and the only thing I added too the kit were seat belts made out of tape and plastic card. Offcourse I forgot to make pictures of that, when the Hellcat is ready I will try to make some of the cockpit. The paint is on and the decals are from the heap.

F6F005.jpg

F6F004.jpg

F6F003.jpg

F6F002.jpg

It is a animal and I love it. I guess I must say something like Whooo now. Boy Russ, deep respect for you and your way of building, I cannot match that. Now grab some sleep and move on tomorrow.

Rick.

Two days ago. :) You started this two days ago?!??

OK, besides the fact that I'm kinda mad about some of you guys making the rest of us look bad by powering through builds the way you do...

Great job!!

And.. uh.. welcome to the group build! :P

Heeey,Rick!! :) Thanks for the kind words, buddy. BUT, I'm glad you're Rick and you have your own style! Very Cool! :rolleyes: That's what makes this world go around....and every model unique. It sure would be boring if we all made them the same every time, eh?! ;) I've never even SEEN this kit! Looks like it goes together really well!!! How did you like it? Is this an older kit, or is it a re-release? Wow, you pulled off that motor really nice...looks pretty neat peeking out from under that cowling. You get TWO 'Whoohoos!' for pulling that off in only 2 days with such a high level of quality! :P

Did you get the decals off an after-market sheet, or another kit? Nice. Can't wait to see what this looks like completed, and in the gallery. I can tell you must have had a blast putting this together, it shows. Merry Christmas, Rick...and I hope to see more of your builds in the coming New Year! Excellent Job! Russ

I've never even SEEN this kit! Looks like it goes together really well!!! How did you like it? Is this an older kit, or is it a re-release?

If I remember rightly Russ, it's a reboxing of the Hasegawa kit. I think all the Frog 1/32 kits were.

Kev

Heeey,Rick!! :) Thanks for the kind words, buddy. BUT, I'm glad you're Rick and you have your own style! Very Cool! :rolleyes: That's what makes this world go around....and every model unique. It sure would be boring if we all made them the same every time, eh?! ;) I've never even SEEN this kit! Looks like it goes together really well!!! How did you like it? Is this an older kit, or is it a re-release? Wow, you pulled off that motor really nice...looks pretty neat peeking out from under that cowling. You get TWO 'Whoohoos!' for pulling that off in only 2 days with such a high level of quality! :P

Did you get the decals off an after-market sheet, or another kit? Nice. Can't wait to see what this looks like completed, and in the gallery. I can tell you must have had a blast putting this together, it shows. Merry Christmas, Rick...and I hope to see more of your builds in the coming New Year! Excellent Job! Russ

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the kind words!!

I also never build something from the FROG company, I looked in the papers and it is a British company and I saw something that looked like 1979. The build was easy, the kit flew together. If Kev says it is a rebox of the Hasegawa then he is right on my part, he knows far more about that than I do.

The engine was not very much work, the looks may decieve you. Just sprayed black and a good drybrush with Humbrol #11, silver. It came out ok.

Now I am on to the weathering, and it will be heavy, I saw pictures of these birds and they were not on carriers to look nice!!

Merry Christmas to ya all!!

Rick.

Got some work done today weathering is coming along. Too bad I make lousy pictures, hopefully that will improve someday. Small they aren't that bad.

F6F006.jpg

F6F007.jpg

F6F008.jpg

F6F009.jpg

F6F010.jpg

I like them dirty. Unfortunatly must do Christmas shoppings now, with some bad luck even got a haircut :angry:

Rick.

Thanks Erwin, There was a moment of doubt wether I should build your plane at all, because of why you sold it. But I did build it and I am glad you like it. To keep a long story short, the Hellcat is finished. And it doesn't look that bad either.

F6F012.jpg

F6F013.jpg

F6F014.jpg

the cockpit area. The white stuff is wood glue, it dries up clear.

F6F011.jpg

F6F015.jpg

F6F016.jpg

Tomorrow I will make some pics by daylight, I will post them later.

F6F017.jpg

How is that for a traffic jam :) ?!

Cheers Rick.

Outstanding work Rick! post-3154-1230080916.gif

That's a pretty awesome 'traffic jam', too! (he says with a touch of envy..)

Let me know when you have the 'final' pics and I'll get them posted in the gallery.

Nice job!

Excellent!! Love the collection, dude. Wow, that Hellcat IS pretty big, eh?! Looking good up there with all that company. :rolleyes: I was checking them out 1 by 1, and noticed that high altitude Me-109. Whooo, I've been thinking of doing one of those paint schemes....very cool. :unsure:

Congratulations on getting this done in record time,,and with an outstanding finish. Whoohoo! :rolleyes: Can't wait to see the gallery pics. Russ

Excellent!! Love the collection, dude. Wow, that Hellcat IS pretty big, eh?! Looking good up there with all that company. :rolleyes: I was checking them out 1 by 1, and noticed that high altitude Me-109. Whooo, I've been thinking of doing one of those paint schemes....very cool. :unsure:

Congratulations on getting this done in record time,,and with an outstanding finish. Whoohoo! :rolleyes: Can't wait to see the gallery pics. Russ

Thanks Russ.

That Hellcat is very big, the Mustang dissapeared, almost just as big as the 109E4, but that one is in 1/24 scale.

Yeah the 109G10 came out nice, only wrong scale.

anklamready005.jpg

anklamready001.jpg

Daylight today isn't exactly daylight I am afraid so the gallery pics will have to wait.

No I need to get me a bigger piece of furniture, or dump some of my collection.

Rick.

Whoooa, yes...that's the one. :rolleyes: Love that scheme. I'm going to have to try one of those, thanks for pulling it out and showing it, Rick! Yes, It's been a rare rainy week here in SoCal and I'm waiting for the weather to break or get some new lights for my photography to take some gallery pics myself. :lol: Meh, I'm in no hurry.

I think that high-altitude camo and a winter camoflouge would be the hardest schemes for me to paint. Not that it's tough(hey, it's just one color) to paint,....but to do the weathering. Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest for me. That model came out great! Luv it. Russ