P-47 Special Interest Group Website

lampie

Hi everyone.

Theres a new website recently opened dedicated to the Republic P-47, and with the popularity of the 1:32 scale kits recently I thought some of you may be interested.

Theres also Ray Thomas's VFS 1:24th kits, one of which I shall be building in the new year.

One of the photo features on the site is all about the 1:6th R/C Thunderbolts built by Dave Gianakos.

As the site grows its intended to become the focal point of P-47 research on the internet.

I'm proud to have P-47 veterans who visit the site and have recieved some very complimentary emails from them, so I guess I'm doing something right.

All fans of the Thunderbolt are very welcome, hope to see some of you there soon, and naturally, build blogs and photos are more than welcome.

The site can be found at

http://p47.kitmaker.net/

All the best

Nigel Julian

Hi Chris.

Hopefully you have recieved the automated confirmation email. ( Check your Junk Mail )

I raised the issue in the Kitmaker Staff Forum and got this reply. Hope to see you on the new site very soon.

"The way it works is....

1. User registers.

2. System sends user a confirmation email.

3a. They click on link and account is fully made active.

3b. They don't get email or click on link and their account is in pending status which means they can login and go to their account page, where it will prompt them to confirm the email and also gives them an option to resend the email. They can also CHANGE their email to a new one (like not Yahoo mail which sucks) and get the email that way."

Anyone else had problems registering?

I've seen a few new names crop up over the last week and I imagine some of them are LSP members.

Nige

No I mean uploading my own avatar...I use "Hairless Joe" everywhere I go now, and it seems perfectly suited for lurking on your new site :rolleyes:

Hi Chris.

Yes, just go..

My account/modify profile/my photos

Under "custom avatar" click on "upload photo" .

Hope to see Hairless Joe soon :unsure:

Nige