Barry

With Paul Fisher's Recce Sader coming, you may want to finish this one...  :m0152:

Not on the "menu" right now Tim but I do plan to finish it.

Perhaps some of the fine Recce builds I expect to see here will spur me to action!

Barry

• 2 years later...

Hi Tim!

Working towards getting back to one of my builds here....A-7D, F-100F, F-4B or this one. I have been building 1/16 RC M1A1HA Abrams. I really enjoy working in the larger scale. Lots of scratch building using styrene and tons of brass. When finished I am estimating a gross weight of 28lbs., with full function RC.

There are a couple of Phantom and Crusader builds I am following that give me the yearning to return to one of my builds, one day!

NUhbjYb.jpg

RE2Azob.jpg

DtnojuI.jpg

F2UWdEP.jpg

G9aL5b1.jpg

vCZ0W9y.jpg

tgFksxa.jpg

The WIP thread can be viewed here. https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=18880

Cheers,

Barry

Thanks Gents!

I was in a slump and spotted an RC web site, RC Tank Warfare and after cruising some builds there I took the plunge. I have been having a blast working in the larger scale.

No only can I build a highly detailed model but I can take it out in the yard and operate it!! :thumbsup: I have been stretching my skills and  learning a lot working with the brass.

Barry

• 1 year later...
On 3/3/2013 at 3:26 PM, Barry said:

He has the key to the completion of the F-8. It is ready for paint; I received the primary masks before he went dark but still need the Squadron insignia decal.

Barry

Maybe you can contact Mika Jernfors at Arctic Decals (he's based in Finland) to do a custom laser print?  I've seen his work, and it is top notch.

Thanks Guys!

Right now everything is taking a backseat to finishing the M1A1HA Abrams with the T.U.S.K 1 fit.

Still a ways to go on it so no F-8E, A-7D, F-100F on F-4B in the near future, maybe mid to late next year. As I am now fully retired I do not have to jam my modeling into the real world schedule. I work on my models when "I" feel like it and otherwise they sit including the Abrams.

Barry