Trumpeter A-7D, Updated 12/14/15, Seeking Your Opinion

Barry

Hey Barry,

I'm impressed with the wire bundles. That was the main reason I chose to stick with the Aires Bay and not go with the Kit plus Eduard faces.....those bundles. Thats some really fine wire.

Already I'm going to drill out the LOX bottle and I THINK the blob they inserted between two "boxes" on the top shelf.

Your "Bay" certainly looks like the Air Force...........clean and neat.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve,

The wire in by North West Short Line. It is super flexible made for model Railroad use.

It is 29 ga wire made up of 60 strands! I just wish could find a way without having to twist it.

It is so fine that it is had to contain after I strip away the insulation.

We tried to keep them neat but that was not always the case.

It is a lot easier when you don't have the effects of all that ocean to keep out!

Barry

Barry,

Went to NWSL looking for that wire......must have been disguised as another product.....any hints on what I should look at?

:crying: I was a Marine.........our stuff worked, but it sure got weathered fast. I always enjoyed going to the factory to pick up a new aircraft............ahhh the joys of "new car smell"..............it just don't last too long.

Regards

Steve

Barry,

Went to NWSL looking for that wire......must have been disguised as another product.....any hints on what I should look at?

:evil_laugh: I was a Marine.........our stuff worked, but it sure got weathered fast. I always enjoyed going to the factory to pick up a new aircraft............ahhh the joys of "new car smell"..............it just don't last too long.

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Walthers has the wire here under NWSL:

http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?quick=wire&start=600

Look for:

53-100079 Fine Gauge, Superflex Hook-Up Wire -- 29-Gauge, 51-Strand

Barry ;)

• 2 years later...

Hello Barry........I am building a A-7E......and was wondering how you got your 'tail section', on your A-7 not to look so squished? (oblong)

However you done it........it really looks good now!!

Thanks for any help on this !

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

After closing down the EF-4C Pallet build I am resurrecting this long stalled build. It has been hanging around since 2003. I had originally intended to take it to the 2005 NATS. NEW goal is to have it ready for the 2016 NATS whether I enter it or not will be determined by the final results.

I hope to post an "actual" update in the next week.

A-7D%2011-18-07%20028_zpsafbdnnfj.jpg

Edited by Barry