Azur I-16

Mr Creosote

I had a good time with this one. It is built OOB and is in the markings of Sgt. Taranzova a 5 victory ace during the Spanish Civil War. For those interested,this kit goes together nicely although the wing roots and lower wing join needed some filler but nothing too drastic. There was lots of discussion as to the top side colors and IIFC I went pretty much with VVS colors. PollyScale paints were used throughout. The rudder was also painted with the "eggplant" being mixed. A sticker is provided for the rudder markings but they never seem to work out for me. All 4 of the stickers used were excellent. As it sits I think it is a bit too clean. I will add oil steaks,mainly to the underside and dust it up a bit. I don't think these aircraft,for the most part,got too nasty so I will keep it light. RD

AzurI-167.jpg

AzurI-161.jpg

AzurI-165.jpg

AzurI-163.jpg

AzurI-166.jpg

I think they were quite dirty, but as each 'zorst is only one cylinder, it doesnt show. They were very polished too, which means filth doesnt show up.

The cowling had a very loose trailing edge in real life, difficult to model.

I love the way you have painted the rudder. I hope you do not mind me saying the way it is painted is not perfect, which is exactly as it should be. Just like DDay stripes, I do not believe the groundcrew used masking tape.

Very nice finish.