Trumpeter F4U-1D

big matt

Hi Matt,

Bit of a Corsair fest going on here (apart from Russ's hair dryer of course :P). A nice uncomplicated build thus far. I like your interior green colour - what did you use? Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers

Derek

Hi Derek.

I definitely need a break from this kit. I am getting a little tired of the whole hinged flap mess and adding panel lines that are supposed to be there or finishing panel lines that go halfway and vanish into thin air. Grrrrrrrrr. I need a shake and bake.

I used the US Interior Green from the now defunct Aircraft Colors line. I post shaded it with a little Interior Yellow from them as well. I really like these paints but you cannot get them anymore which stinks.

Matt

Hi Derek.

I definitely need a break from this kit. I am getting a little tired of the whole hinged flap mess and adding panel lines that are supposed to be there or finishing panel lines that go halfway and vanish into thin air. Grrrrrrrrr. I need a shake and bake.

I used the US Interior Green from the now defunct Aircraft Colors line. I post shaded it with a little Interior Yellow from them as well. I really like these paints but you cannot get them anymore which stinks.

Matt

Those colours look very effective (and authentic). I know how you feel Matt - creating master patterns all of the time is an even bigger pain in the butt! :rolleyes: The work you have done thus far is excellent. Unfortunately, dead lines do tend to burn you out, however, i'm sure that you shall find your second wind and complete it (Russ and Loic have turned that particular facet into an artform :P :ph34r:).

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek, I appreciate it. I just felt overwhelmed looking at the exhaust port problems and the dreaded cowl flaps. I cannot imagine the intricacies of creating masters. That is for the artists! I am sure it will get done. Sooner or later.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...