Sign in to follow this  
Clint Fortson

In flight 21CT Corsair

This is the 21st Century Toys 1/32 F4U-1A Corsair I started earlier this year. It is being built wheels up as a ceiling hanger for my son's room. It is brush-painted w/ Testors Model Master enamels except for the white, which is acrylic. It's about 90% done, I just need to finish the canopy and the underside of the starboard wing, as well as complete the weathering. The whip antenna is a bristle from a brush and the wire antenna is copper wire taken from an 18 ga. lamp cord.

PICT0043-1.jpg

PICT0044-1.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

Clint, thats one of the best Cen. 21 Cosairs I`ve ever seen! Very good. BTW, love your avitar. My Dad retired from the Sea Bees.............Harv

Thanks for the kind words, Harvey. About my avitar - before I became a Marine, I was in the Air Force. It is actually the squadron patch for the 1st Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron that was based at RAF Alconbury until the unit was disbanded in 1987. They flew the RF-4C Phantom II. The patch shows a cigar-chomping bee (due to the RF-4 being based on a fighter type) flying stinger-first with lightning bolts coming from it. In one hand the bee is holding a camera, the other hand is clenched in a fist. I chose it as my avitar due to its obscurity, but also it's a way of keeping a the memory of the 1st alive.

post-5192-1226421892.jpg

Sign in to follow this