Aussie Naval A-4G

ruzlkampf

This is the areas Tim was talking about. I've already started whittling it off, along with those other 2 unidentified bumps. Guess I'll start painting the black anti-glare panel and wing-walk areas until I can touch these up after removing.

post-4413-1226498182.jpg

Painting the red on the intakes is going to be a challenge, as the red stripe even goes INSIDE the darn thing. Doing some mathematical cipherings to get the size of my squares on the tail correct. Hope I got enough fingers/toes to get them 'big numbers'. :rolleyes: I'd rather suck on a rusty sewer pipe than mask, so this is going to be interesting. More pics as things progress,...Russ

post-4413-1226498554.jpg

Happy, happy, so....darn, uhm happy?! Got the darn flare discharger thing whittled off, along with those other 2 protuberances of unknown origin. Back to the RED! Just passing the 1 week point for this sucker, so I've gotta start grinding on it again to get back on my schedule. Masked off the tail and got the checkerboards slammed out. :lol: Everythings downhill from there. Checkers came out to be 10mm slanted squares according to my cipherings, and I was dreading cutting out slivers of tape to the correct size. Lo, was I flabbergasted to find mt Tamiya tape was exactly the right size! ;) I love you Tamiya!!

post-4413-1226579920.jpg

Almost time to start placing decals. Next step,...black wing-walk areas and anti-glare shield. Plug the motor in the back and work on the canopy. Hmmm, gotta figure out how the sidewinders are painted, and stenciled. Uhm,...that's all for now.

post-4413-1226580621.jpg

Cooooool. What a great tail. :lol: I can't stand masking, the tape gets all over my fingers and I jump around the shop like a lunatic until the dogs start barking at me. Anyway, very nice and you didn't need the marmot lash brush! ;)

Can't wait to see this baby done.

Matt

Thanks for the interest guys! Didn't post last night, which would have been...what, day 8? So here's some pics of where I was. Canopy painted, red intake warning stripes put inside the intakes, anti-glare shield done, and wing walkways put on.

Blah, blah. All in preparation for putting decals on tonight. :D

post-4413-1226750191.jpg

Putting my first Aussie marking on it. Actually made my own decal paper as an experiment this time. Worked out OK in the end, but they go on MUCH different than any kit supplied stuff. Tried using Microsol to set them outta habit, and they just shriveled up to a sub-atomic particle and blew off. :D VERY thin, they look painted on.

post-4413-1226750389.jpg