Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

Awesome! Great pics!!

Thank you very much, Guttorm! :) Your assistance and friendship is why one of my plans in life is to have at least one beer with you some time! (The other one is to revisit Montezuma´s Well in Arizona, a place that touched my soul in a way i never before felt.)

I wished Oslo wasn´t so far away, and i had the money to go there...

I really appreciate what you and the guys around you do to preserve a piece of the past. Words alone cannot express my respect! :goodjob:

• 2 months later...

The last entry to this exemplary and one-of-a-kind thread dates from September 11th. This evening i re-read the whole thread, all 52 pages, just to get this feeling again. The feeling to discover an unknown world, with a lot of miracles and things to see, to go where no man has been before (ok, at least since around 70 years).

I am still working on my Ju 88 model, slowly, with a lot of breaks due to certain circumstances not to discuss here. But i am on it, because of the mass of information and input i found here in Guttorm´s thread. When my model will be finished some day (and i still try to get her done) there is a BIG piece of Guttorm´s help and knowledge in my built. Maybe, without having read his thread, my kit would long be done. But, it would be so usual among my other builts, nothing special.

So i feel building a special kit with all the help and input of this thread. Thank you, Guttorm, for all you showed us and all the informations you so generously shared with us! I hope you still are here with us?!? Maybe, you are too busy to get the real Ju 88 restored? Any updates on the restauration, any magic pictures you would like to share with us after a too long 4 months break?

I hope to see new details of the great work done up north in Norway! Guttorm, any news?

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

and i am going to get rid of a bunch of old kits..some collectorskits ( unbuildt.. can i sell them here on this site ? )

will post pictures if its legal :)

GF

You sure can mate. Just start a new thread in the Traders forum. What have you got? :whistle:

Kev

Nice birtday/christmas gift from revell there Guttorm! and the JU 88 is looking great BTW. I've been following progress on your website, especially the work on the tail section. Now you've got me re-tooling my rudder to make it fabric covered. Good to see you back cruising the forums!

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

Jerry

the Ar 196 from Revell is really nice..and i love to see that they have made the whole structure inside it ( that what was i took measuremnet off from a original fuselage frame for the modell )

i will soon look thru my stash and see what i want to get rid of and put it all in here :) might be some goodies for you guys :)

and keep those 88 models comming..and the He 111 is up for summersale :)