Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

Another question:

The "X" on the fuselage is yellow on the decals. But checking your pictures it is kind of white on one side and fragments of yellow on the other side. So, what is correct?

Thanks for your help, my friend!

Thomas

so a few things to clear up some mistakes.. the X was painted yellow..then white,,when salvaged the white peeled of and the yellow stayed put.. so the yellow is ok..white i also asked revell to make but they only made it yellow :evil_laugh: and about the werknumber.. its not Revell that did a crappy job.,. I am the one that made sure they made the decals WHITE as theyw ere black on the first test edition of decals..as a certain Guttorm Fjeldstad was soooooooooo eager to paint on the werknumber when the vertical was done..that i forgot that the 88 had white in the early years and black was not introduced until 1942.. so guess who has to repaint the werknumbers on the 1:1 scale white.. :speak_cool:

so they will soon be white on ours also.. MY MISTAKE :D

got the whole grip system working today with all the pushrods and stuff..that has taken some time.. (on the real 88..not the model..hehe )

Thanks, Guttorm! So i have to send some excuses to Revell! Entschuldigung, Leute!

I can make use of the Montex masks to spray the "X" yellow. RLM 04, my guess?

Guttorm, do you have me any new pictures of the now white Werknummer? I love to see shots from both sides.

(Oh, i see, you still have to paint them...)

Hm, the flight controls working now thanks to your work in the Eastern Holiday(!), the engines nearing completition to running condition, some bits and pieces to add... Guttorm, when do plan to get her out of the workshop with running engines and you at the controls? :speak_cool:

if you want the X yellow there is a few other differences also, then the T should be red and the spinners red.. when it was painted white the T ( in U4+TK ) was painted white and the spinners was the blue and green ( as it was when salvaged )

it will take a few years before we got it all up and running..but we will get there one day :speak_cool:

the brakelines are puzzeling me and troublesome to get working.. but also something that is adressed and will take the time it takes..

( scratching my head there as we have to rebound tubes from each brake and rudderpedal that ends up in nowhere.. ??

looking at manuals regarding all the tubings dont make me any smarter.. and its now restored just as it was originally..so something is missing somewhere..but WHERE ??

as those brakes needs to work when we plan to start the engines.. the brakes in the wheels are all up and working.. so those are no problem..its just the tubingsystem.. but it will sort itself out as we go..as each problem kinda solves itself when we move on to the next part.. atleast it has so far.. but they still end up in the middle of nowhere those two tubes..with nothing to attache them to..hehe

allthough the damaged wings are the things that will take the longest to repair :D

not flying but running engines and all working hopefully :ph34r:

the brake line problem solved itself by looking at it for a couple of hrs with three heads involved,.then a bright moment and ahhhh..

all pieces fell into place :)

hehe

here is a requested picture for my friend :frantic: hope this helps

post-5311-1270754561.jpg

here is how the rudder pedals look with the tubings and all..note the little shiny tube that stops in mid air on right side ( return lines for brake fluid )-- this was one of the problems..where the #¤%& did it go and why did it stop there.. problem solved..just need a correct type of rubbertube and connect it on the left side behind the instrumentpanel..its a small resorvair back up there :ph34r:

some details you modelbuilders perhaps will like

post-5311-1270754803.jpg

Guest Nigelr32

Thankyou so much for the Pics Guttorm,

I have modelled the "Tray" that all the wires and piping sits in/on for the instrument panel, and have also plumbed it all in. I think the control column will be next, although I have already added the buttons and switches. The rudder pedals on my '88 are almost finished with all the hoses, thinned and drilled box sections and RB pedals. I have also made the control rods that disappear under the pilots floor panel.

I fully intend to add the reservoir for the brake fluid, but am wondering, what is the canister behind it, the one that looks like a Bean can?

My model is such a close replica of your restoration project, thanks to your amazing site and this thread!!

Thanks again.

the canister that you speak about is a thermosbottle ( simple used by the junkersfactory..why make something new when one has something that works ) that is connetcted to the høhenmeter ( height ) and it gives correct ground pressure

its located below the brakefluid resorvair

Guest Nigelr32
the canister that you speak about is a thermosbottle ( simple used by the junkersfactory..why make something new when one has something that works ) that is connetcted to the høhenmeter ( height ) and it gives correct ground pressure

its located below the brakefluid resorvair

Thanks Guttorm,

What a brilliant idea!! I would have thought the old thermos flask would have been too fragile to withstand the vibration? Still, i guess, if it was made in Germany, it was of very good quality!!

Guest Nigelr32
it was used in Ju 87, Ju 52 and Ju 88 ( that is know 100% ) and it did the job.. Heinkel, Fw and Me made spacial bottles for this purpose

but ye olde coffemug did the job for Junkers

:BANGHEAD2:

Incredible!!

I wonder if it was filled with Coffee for the Pilot, mid flight lol!!!

So, thats a bit of 3mm Rod, with 2mm for the cap, with grooves added via the Dremmel.... I take it there's two rubber hoses going in the top there?

Two other questions for my instrument panel please Guttorm...

1. Were the hydraulic pipes running from the back of the panel, along the "Tray" originally Aluminium in colour, or Black as you have fitted? I'm guessing they were bare Aluminium?

2. Do you have a picture of the rear of the small instrument panel for the Pilot, to the left of the instrument Panel please??

This superdetailing has all gone a bit too far now....

only one hose from the thermosbottle..the one behind its the same..just bend down..before it was attached :BANGHEAD2:

and yes..those tubings was so miscolored by the years in the water so we painted them..

will see if i find one from the panel you mention

here it is ..the little resorvair behind the instrumentpanel on the left wall.. the green shiny stuff os original brakefluid oil refilled today :mental:

this detail is not in the kit..just to mention that..

Ok, the brake fluid is filled in. But the wings and wheels are not yet added to the fuselage, aren´t they? So, what´s the purpose to fill in the brake fluidl this early?

By the way: the restauration work you and your team are doing is georgeous!!! :whistle:

Thomas