Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

Guest Vincent

merry x-mas

Ju88A10119040.jpg

Hi

You guys did a wonderfull work on the cockpit. I'm really happy that I could help !

:goodjob:

Merry Xmas !

Vincent

• 3 months later...

Last week-end I had the chance to see this Ju88 "in the flesh". What an amazing project! Guttorm is by far the most passionate restorer I ever met. He was patient (much too patient). There was no question left unanswered (and I asked a lot of questions). :D He is also a hell of a fun guy with great stories to tell!

The museum itself it also amazing with so many rare and pristine aircraft.

This was by far the best trip to a museum ever!

Radu

• 2 months later...

I'll not repeat the superlatives about what you've done Guttorm, but have a big THANKS for inspiration and tons of detailed info on this beaty :bow:

Btw. HEREmy work in progress, if you wanna have a look. ;)

Miko

• 4 months later...

And you have been afraid nobody would be interested in your thread back when you started this one a time ago! :oops:

My Ju 88 model is on show in Friedrichshafen this weekend. You have no idea how many times I explained the crowd the details on my kit being there only because of your generous help getting the model correct! Of course I mentioned your name when telling them about your support!

Thomas

• 1 year later...

Hi

My friend is working on Ju-88C-6 C9+AE model now.Camuflage scheme is nachtjager pilot Prinz zu Sayn Wittgenstein. He has a problem with colors of stains on the fuselage. He show me this photo:

http://4.bp.blogspot...ory marking.jpg

there are a lot of stains on camuflage. What kind of color these are? Many publications write that this is the same color RLM 74 or RLM 75, main color under the stains was RLM 76. But I found a plastic model where the stains are RLM 74 and 75 together:

http://www.facebook....84350370&type=3

What do you think about it? Which scheme is good?

I will appreciate if you can help me.

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, Gottorm! I just wanted to add my own thanks to the multitude already expressed here. Thanks also to the rest of you for asking the questions I would have asked had I found this site before, and, in the case of folks like Andreas88, Wurtacher, et al for the extra info and occasional clarification.

I've had the 88 kit for a while and have been collecting pics and info for the build, as well as wrestling with Trumpy's A10 on occasion. I was beginning to despair of being able to have the cowling flaps open for the lack of knowing what to show (or hint at) beneath, It just looks so much more menacing with them open, and then I found this thread. What a treat! Every detail I could ever want to replicate, and many that will be beyond my humble skills. I simply had to sign up to LSP to express my gratitude.

At the rate I bulid at (roughly the same rate as continental drift) your 1:1 will have finished this restoration (the most sympathetic I think I've seen) and be in for a touch-up before I finish my model, but it will be much better for your kind and selfless effort in making this thread. More power to your elbow! Or, as the younger Essex lads round here would say: "Props!".

If you happen to find the time, I would really appreciate a scan of the drawings from your technical manual for the engine nacelle in general, and the area between the prop and wing in particular. I've had a tentative idea to do a diorama of one of the field maintenance shots from the Airdoc booklet, purely because of this thread. Thanks again, this time in advance, and please don't rush - it will be a while before I actually get round to that bit!

• 2 months later...

ar196.jpg

got this from revell in X-mas gift..just might put me in modeling mode again..over ayear since i last did any modeling..not had the time..

but a merry X-Mas to all you nice guys in here smile.gif

Oh boy.. just saw this ...very nice....... :mental:

its already difficult to handle one.... imagine three of them....

cheers

shep

Edited by shepard

• 8 months later...

Ladder4Boy...

I'm new to this site, and my first post allowed on this thread, so first of all, I'd like to say Hi!!

I have the same issue as you with the Flash, I spent an hour last night thinning, cleaning and drilling the box sections that support the rudder pedals!! I also noticed that Revell have dropped a Boo Boo with the instructions, and got the parts H169-H172 the wrong way round?? I have also found that there is a cylinder missing, from the position in front of the right pedal. This cylinder can clearly be seen on one of Guttorm's pics on his amazing site.

I'd also be interested to see how you make the Leather seat back for the Bomb aimer, if you don't mind..............

Thanks for this thread Guttorm, it is wonderful to see there is someone out there, so enthusiastic, and willing to help everyone. For instance, I was going to drill out the moulded reliefs in the port cockpit "wall", until I read your post on the subject!! You deserve a big pat on the back for all your help, as so many others have already said!!

Regards

Nige

Hey Nige belated welcome to the forum and this thread!

I know the photo you are refering to, and what you are actually seeing is that small part that mounts just in front of the bomb sight. It took me a while to realize what I was seeing, but if you look close that "cylinder" looking thing really isn't a cylinder. On the instructions there is a small part that mounts on the bomb sight frame just in front of the sight on the left side of the frame (when looking forward)

Great thread Guttorm! It is being a big help on my Ju 88 build. After comparing the kit parts and the CK parts to your photos, turns out the CK stuff is all junk. Big waste of money there.

Well back to work!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guttorm! Again, many thanks for all the photos and info in this thread!

I do have a question though, The Bombardier's seat. Are there any photos of it and the framework? I ran across a PDF of a manual for the A-1 that showed this seat floded up against the right side wall as the little rear seat for the 4th crew member (gunner?) also folds up out of the way. Thus the answer of how the pilot manages to get to his seat. The photos of the pilot and radio operator's seats were a huge help, could you post some photos of the bombardier's seat and how it folds?

Thanks again!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! First post...and it's almost thread-necro. Sorry about that!

Firstly- this thread and the work it represents is AMAZING!

Onto the content.....

Given the information presented in these pics:

horistab_zps48c8c7c9.jpg

Ju88tailwheelwell_zps1b1585ad.jpg

post-5311-1225758162_zpse60ba821.jpg

(sorry, after 53 pages, I felt it easier to re-upload than dig and link)

Does the pipe pass neatly underneath the tailplane spar?

I am doing some scratch-building and after following the pictures as closely as my skills allow, things are not quite fitting together. I am also paying "passive" attention to the Profimodeller aftermarket kit, but putting these pictures first.

• 8 months later...