Trumpeter TBF-1C

Bozzaroo

Some great progress in spite of a few speed-bumps. I can't speak for anyone else but it seems I can't build a single kit without having at least one catastrophe along the way!

As to your question about painting the canopies: Seems like folks are probably split 50/50 on mounting first or painting first. I find it better to attach the canopies (or at least the windscreens) first so I can get the edges smoothed in before painting. Any open-canopy parts I paint separately.

Lastly, Trumpeter kits are mostly great. Easy however is rarely a word that gets applied. :blink: All those awesome details they include can make for some tricky fitting...

Good luck with your move!

Few more of the turret and engine!

post-4370-1230696659.jpg

post-4370-1230696665.jpg

Nice build, one comment if I may, and if you haven't closed it up the cowl/engine.

Grumman TBF 1 interior cowls were Grumman Grey which is roughly equivalant to FS 36440

and in paint terms eg Hu 129 (light Gull Grey) or equivalant

And as the saying goes a picture paints a thousand words

This is a WWII RNZAF TBF-1c and the paint interior of cowl is original straight from

Grumman

DSCF2810copy.jpg

Regards

Alan

Thanks guys glad to hear that I'm not the only one having a few mishaps along the way.

Alan no it's not closed up as the fit is a bit wrong, it's like it's been a little squashed in the box .. so there is still time to change the colour, I thought I saw a green one in the walk-around book but it's been packed away so need to check that later.

I agree full hearted with the Trumpeter not being easy :o Because of the accident, I decided to close the bomb bay up - well those 4 part doors was probably never intended to be closed so to speak :huh:

BTW all those hours with fitting the PH's in the cockpit and then you close it up :lol: if it wasn't for the fun of doing it 'cos no-one will ever see it except if they have one of those tube cameras they use during surgery :blink: :lol: