Trumpeter TBF-1C

Bozzaroo

It looks great - the instrument panel and engine look fabulous. You said "it needs more weathering" in the cockpit. Are you going to do some washes? Some shadows would look terrific. Keep it up - looks great.

Scott Gentry

:D

Thanks guys!

Yes I will do some washes, but I need to seal it first with some varnish - thanks to Scott I now have an idea about how to mix it up. I tried without and that didn't work - the acrylic paint doesn't seem to settle without being sealed one way or another.

Just a quick question .. what colour did the torpedos have in ww2? I have one photo with a white torp with a red tip, but that for some reason doesn't look right to me and then one with a bronze kind of polished finish with a white tip!

post-4370-1225071181.jpg

Any suggestions?

Hi Bengt

Cool looking model so far. I have one of these too but will be built RNZAF WWII.

The photo below show a reasonable facsimle of the Bliss-Leavitt Mark 13 Torpedo used by the

USN during WWII.

From pictures I have in my reference books etc. it shows the forward casing to be a natural steel,

rear casing black.

Mk13.jpg

Others may have better photos/info

HTH

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Been busy with work and a looming move so I haven't got as far as I was hoping, but here is a few more pics of the close body and wing mock-up.

"I thought this was going to be easy, but boy was I wrong - it started with the cockpit all finished and done, and one of those days when you really shouldn't be around things! I was dropping everything I picked up and when I went for the cockpit I had a brief thought that DON'T pick it up, but I did and dropped it! :( So then I had to put the pieces back together and the fit to the body was never the same again. Then I had a brilliant idea - pray some primer without looking what was on the table - the clear parts!! Almost got the stuff off, but I could have hit myself (actually think I did)! So as that wasn't enough, because of the move the instructions gone missing :blink: what's that all about?!?"

Still as soon as I'm at the new place this thing is going to be finished one way or another, if not just so I can get to try painting a full plane - btw how do you guys do with the windows? Do you mount them first or paint them separately?

Next time I'm going to take the advice of Loic and the 5P Planning planning planning planning and then some planning :P

post-4370-1230696221.jpg

post-4370-1230696235.jpg