Revell 1/32 scale Ju 88 test shot build up pics...

alaninaustria

To do the Mistel in the photo you'd need an A-4 and could not use this kit.

Assuming Revell doesn't include the A-4 wing tips, what else is there to change on the '88 for a Misel 1? I've pored over the drawings I have, and don't see anything else. There are obvious differences in the canopy and cockpit, as noted on the various discussion boards of late, but those are mute when the nose gets hacked off for the warhead.

The wing tips don't look like they would be too demanding of an alteration:

post-30-1223163858.jpg

Even so, perhaps the wise move would be to wait for the A-4. Unless it turns into another wait like the Hasegawa Bf 109F... :rolleyes:

D

FINALLY!!! Someone has gotten the earlier style prop spinner shape correct! It seems that most (if not all) JU88A kits have the later, more bulbuous spinners provided instead of the earlier more slender prop spinners. The test shot shown above looks fantastic! Lets hope that Revell is truly able to keep the price down rather than try to make a killing by using other model kit companies' pricing scale. I am no marketing expert but it seems to me that you will sell more kits by keeping the cost as low as possible while still providing a acceptable profit margin. Therefore you will have customers buying multiples of the same kit which in the end will provide even more profit.

Assuming Revell doesn't include the A-4 wing tips, what else is there to change on the '88 for a Misel 1? I've pored over the drawings I have, and don't see anything else. There are obvious differences in the canopy and cockpit, as noted on the various discussion boards of late, but those are mute when the nose gets hacked off for the warhead.

Hi Darin, I don't know if A-1s were used for Mistels so it may still be possible with this kit (I figger there musta been since

there were likely plenty sittin' around, I just don't know which don't mean nothin').

The 88 in the photo is an A-4 as the easiest ID feature (for me) are the assymetric bulges on the bottom of the engine

cowls. Other noticeable differences are the later spinners and prop blades, an extra intake opening at the bottom of the annular

radiators and other relatively minor stuff.

...not tryin' to be a pooper of anybody's party :rolleyes:

The answer is there on their website - see the link posted by Charles. Look at the photos of the sprues. :rolleyes: There are two different types of wingtips and two different types of ailerons. On the clear parts fret, there are two types of canopies and you can also see two round M/G windows.

Yes, the photos are not terribly clear, but the info is there.

It will be possible to make an A4 with what comes in the box. They seem to want to please everyone by doing the A1 (Battle of Britain) and the A4 (the workhorse). Either way, this will be churned out in a multitude of versions, just like its smaller Dragon cousin.

Radu

...not tryin' to be a pooper of anybody's party :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt anyone would ever accuse you of that, Mike. :huh: I couldn't find anything about A-1s being used for Mistels, either. And, I didn't look closely enough at the engine nacells. :( Thanks for that info.

Anyway, Radu's post answers the question. A-4 parts are on the sprues. :D

D

I seriously doubt anyone would ever accuse you of that, Mike. :rolleyes: I couldn't find anything about A-1s being used for Mistels, either. And, I didn't look closely enough at the engine nacells. :huh: Thanks for that info.

Anyway, Radu's post answers the question. A-4 parts are on the sprues. :(

D

although i don't see an A4 rudder guys-----no, i'm not saying it would be beyond converting what's given.

dave.

The answer is there on their website - see the link posted by Charles. Look at the photos of the sprues. :rolleyes: There are two different types of wingtips and two different types of ailerons. On the clear parts fret, there are two types of canopies and you can also see two round M/G windows.

Yes, the photos are not terribly clear, but the info is there.

--snip--

Well spotted, Radu! I still need help to find the two types of canopies, however:

Revell_1-32_Ju_88-detail2clear_spru.jpg

The part in the lower-left corner of the photo above looks like a forward canopy to me (e.g., note taper in plan view). If I'm correct in this, where's the two-gun rear canopy? Or if not, where's the forward canopy?

Charles Metz

although i don't see an A4 rudder guys-----no, i'm not saying it would be beyond converting what's given.

Hmm ... good point. I don't see any asymmetrical ventral engine-cowl fairings either. If the kit really does provide for a second version, I'm beginning to suspect that it's the A-5 (as TimC, for example, has stated here) rather than the A-4.

Charles Metz

Hmm ... good point. I don't see any asymmetrical ventral engine-cowl fairings either. If the kit really does provide for a second version, I'm beginning to suspect that it's the A-5 (as TimC, for example, has stated here) rather than the A-4.

Charles Metz

i also think an A5 would be the most likely candidate charles---however the ailerons might need a bit of 'extra curriculum' to alter fabric(A1) to metal clad (A5) or do we 'think' too much--too soon.

cheers,

dave.