1/32 Trumpeter F4U-1D

ChrisS

• 3 weeks later...

Finished her...rushed a bit and so I don't have a great photo shoot of the build, but here are some finals:

post-1-1242102175.jpg

post-1-1242102184.jpg

post-1-1242102189.jpg

post-1-1242102195.jpg

I might re-shoot her again over the weekend properly. But I'm off on a commission so it might be a while before I get around to it. Thanks for looking!

Beautful Chris - I love the finish (you'll have to remind me again of how you achieve such realistic wear and tear on the airframe?). This is the first time that I have ever seen this particular mark of Corsair in this scale, and I hope that it shall not be the last...Definately one for the LSP gallery! :unsure:

Derek

Thanks for the kind words, I would have posted more progress but was rushing through the final stretch. I did fix the gear doors shape as well as the bay opening, and added the bigger nightfighter exhausts from brass tubing. The canopy looks pretty good from these distances but it does not hold up closer. If ever someone makes a high quality conversion to the birdcage I'll buy two, one to refit this build and another to do a land-based non-radar birdcage.

Thanks again folks!

• 4 years later...

In resurrecting this tread, I hope to put to rest the nay sayers to me building this same kit. Seems since the Tamiya has hit the sales rack, this no longer doable. I disagree, and you have prove my point that this is not only a doable build, but one that is very good ! Thanks Chris !...........Harv