How about an Avenger and/or a Wildcat?

Granger Davis

Apparently Grumman used either bronze green or their color, "Grumman Grey" extensively for interior coverage. I would think you would be ok with either of those, but that's just my two cents.

Still looking good.

Matt

Well, I'm stuck again... I think I'm going to reconsider the color scheme I'm going to put on this 'cat. I thought of an Operation Torch scheme, but just about every F4F-4 heas the blue-gray scheme, and I've seen several in the Atlantic colors, but nobody seems to do the plane in the mid-war tri color job. I've searched google for pictures, but I can only come up with two and this is one of them:

post-2449-1227386427.jpg

Does anyone know of others? I'd like to put stars AND bars on this one, but I want as many references as I can find. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places!

That's what I was thinking; plenty pics of FM-2's around! Here's the other shot I found, and it's just a different angle of the same formation as above. Any guesses as to what unit? I'm thinking possibly stateside training unit, but I could be wrong.

post-2449-1227389141.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well, unfortunately this Wildcat has been sitting on a shelf since November!!! I'm finishing up a 1/48 P-47 right now, but I promise to get busy on the Wildcat very soon!

P.S. I have had time to look at some of the other entries, and I'll tell ya, the work is beautiful! I hope mine turns out well...