How about an Avenger and/or a Wildcat?

Granger Davis

Hey, guys I am an AVID lurker on LSP but seldom post anything(I don't know why) but I would love to use this Group build as an excuse to build something other than a Bf109 or Fw190(NOT that there's anythng WRONG with that!). Only problem is, we're having a baby girl tomorrow morning September 22, and I am positive I'm going to be pretty darn busy for a while!!

I've painted the interiors of these two birds, and started to assemble the cockpits, but haven't gotten any further than that. My TBM-3 is going to be painted in the tri-color USS Makassar Strait color scheme, and I have yet to figure out which colors are going on to the F4F.

P.S. Can someone spare a clear instrument panel for the TBM-3? I accidentally melted mine trying to dry it with a heat gun!! I'll be happy to pay a couple of $$ for it.

Granger Davis

Welcome to the GB Granger, and congratulations on the impending new addition to your family. As for which kit to choose, go with the easier/simpler one, as you won't have much time at all for a few months. Been there, done that!

Kev

Kevin, it is the Wildcat; I was going to do the TBM-3 Avenger, but I accidentally melted the front clear part of the instrumen panel trying to speed dry it with a heat gun (I'll NEVER do that again!!)

Dave, as far as the cockpit color goes, it must be either your monitor or my camera technique, which by the way, is horrible! I painted it dull dark green and drybrushed it with Euro dark green. Don't know if that's right but in looks good to my eye.

I must be REALLLLYYYYY TIIIIIRED!!!!! My new baby has kept me up so much that I accidentally put 1/48 scale seatbelts in this Wildcat!! I knew it didn't look right....

I'm going to fix this "little" (pun intended!) problem before I post a pic of the completed 'pit!

I must be REALLLLYYYYY TIIIIIRED!!!!! My new baby has kept me up so much that I accidentally put 1/48 scale seatbelts in this Wildcat!! I knew it didn't look right....

I'm going to fix this "little" (pun intended!) problem before I post a pic of the completed 'pit!

Congrats on the new addition and your Wildcat looks great! I also recall cockpit problems. I think I did some sanding and filing and it worked out OK.

And you'll still have time for modelling. I thought when my son was born that it would be "the end of an era," but 4 years later he watches me working!

And he's always asking me to "get the Mustang" so he can look at my 1/24 Trumpy job.

Happy modeling and parenthood!

Tim W