LSP_Mike

It's raining Hawks

Here is a shot of the hawk at this point. The large grey squares are actually underside access panels for the wing.

bf2crigging2.jpg

and a slightly differnt angle, to try and show the rigging.

bf2crigging1.jpg

A rear shot, again the rigging, and aluminum color, which I brush painted. I've a couple of struts to add, and finish paint all struts. Touch up rigging, and then back to the 'pit, for the windscreen, and gun sight.

bf2crigging3.jpg

UH, comments, and critisiscms are welcome... :rolleyes:

Terrible piece of work there Mike..... and you've used toxic materials to construct it. When you're done with it you'll have to ship it to me, where I'll have to quarantine it on my display shelf until I find an environmentally acceptable way to dispose of it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's a good looking build so far! I had one of those kits, but I sold it. I did keep my F4B-4 though, and I might be persuaded to build it someday!

Terrible piece of work there Mike..... and you've used toxic materials to construct it. When you're done with it you'll have to ship it to me, where I'll have to quarantine it on my display shelf until I find an environmentally acceptable way to dispose of it. ;) :P

That's a good looking build so far! I had one of those kits, but I sold it. I did keep my F4B-4 though, and I might be persuaded to build it someday!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your Hawk is looking great! Nice job on the rigging...

Too right a fast build. I like the way you did your rigging and left the top wing assembly till last...good idea. Oh and your IP was awesome. Its looking really great Mike

Cheers Matty

Looking good! It looks like you're catching me up... you might overtake me if I'm not careful!

Your rigging method turned out very well, I don't think I'd have the courage to use this method myself due to the likelihood (in my case) of damaging the wires or getting paint on them later on.

I agree, the rigging turned out sharp!!

I forgot how nice those Hasegawa golden wings were, they were some of the first LSP's I built!

QMG! I almost fell off the page! :D

Work has slowed on the hawk. I have glued up the U/C legs, and remembering EPs post am letting them set for a couple days. In the mean time, I've rotated the tail wheel, built one bomb rack, and added the empty fitting for the long range sight. I'm looking for some idears on the tail hook hook up(say that 3 times fast!)but when all the under bits are complete, I'll add the wheels. Prolly add decals next, and then add the tail plane. Very light weathering, and a light satin coat overall, but the wing gets another mostly flat coat, just a hint of gloss, maybe just buffed with a soft cloth.

Somehwere I'll add the motor... :blink:

Somehwere I'll add the motor... :blink:

I'm no expert but they usually go up front right behind the fan-lookin' thingy. :D