LSP_Mike

It's raining Hawks

Here is a general view of what is happening in Hawk-land. EP has been hooking me up w/ piccies, and i'm generally just trying to use my limited common sense as to where all the stuff goes. I have picked probably the most obscure mainstream kit I could have, to build. I've duplicated the cockpit framing, and added basic controls, map bag,ETC. The white frames show the interior of sliding panels that were used to service internal components from the outside. Portside is U/C up-down, and tailhook release;throttle. Stbd will be flight controls. The seat is cut from a beer can, and awaits some final bits, and seat belts. The interior will be silver, and greys. engine coming soon.

bf2c-1.jpg

Azgaron,

Thank you, it all looks boring right now. Today I detailed the seat mount, and counter painted the pit. It is fun to try and pull some contrast out of a silver 'pit. I'm using greys, and just mix slightly different shades to break it up a bit. The kit headrest was huge, so I sanded it off, and made one from milliputt.

Yes, plain silver can look a bit boring, and mixing different shades sounds like a good way to break it up a bit! Looking forward to see how it turns out!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Looks like you've made a great job on the cockpit detail so far! Yours should definitely be the best of the two Hawks in this GB, even if mine is completed first :ph34r:

OK I'm plugging along, and have finished the 'pit sidewalls, and seat/floor. I stuffed some additional things in there, giving it a good guess(I hope) as to what would be in a plane that simple. I'm going to close up the fuse, add the last couple of things, and then button up the top and bottom. Work on the I/P and wire the engine. From that point, it's glue it up, and try to keep it straight. I will try my new Iwata on this one. Silver dope will be some sort of alclad. pictures to follow soon. This is a new low for pictures, so don't look too long or you'll get a headache, and maybe barf. Alum seat, simple PE buckles, and paper belts, modified headreat, and some scratch seat mounting stuff. painted w/ some silvers/greys, and some washes.

bf2c1-pit.jpg

B)

If I look at that picture long enough and squint my eyes just right, I can see the Easter Bunny! :lol:

Do you know if your camera has a Macro setting? It would probably have an icon that looks like a flower or tulip. If it does you can get way better close-ups by using it.

Dave, I use the tulip! my little camera is only a 4.0, and I haven't found a good focal range yet. I'll try more distance, and crop them to enlarge. I'm trying to get Matty here to take pics.....

Dave, I use the tulip! my little camera is only a 4.0, and I haven't found a good focal range yet. I'll try more distance, and crop them to enlarge. I'm trying to get Matty here to take pics.....

4MP is plenty Mike. I think moving back a bit and cropping the photo later is a good idea. Try to avoid zooming in if you can, as this only exacerbates camera shake. Other than that, keep trying!

Kev

4MP is plenty Mike. I think moving back a bit and cropping the photo later is a good idea. Try to avoid zooming in if you can, as this only exacerbates camera shake. Other than that, keep trying!

Kev

Kev has a good point. Macro settings and zoom don't mix well at all. I found that zooming all the way out and holding the camera closer is better than the other way around.

Hera is a shot of the fuse. Port side: some basic hand levers, U/C up-down wheel, and some interior frames for access panels. There is a red bit in front that is a fuel petcock. Stbd side, fuel pressurization pump, mapcase, and another bit that will get some control rods when buttoned up. Same framing for the exterior access panels. All painted w/ greys, and silvers to replicate doped fabric, and metal. It all fits when tested!!

bf2c1-pit-1.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the 'pit, as seen thru the closed up fuselage. not the best, but a couple of generic levers(too far aft!), and an U/C up-down wheel, with cables running forward. There are some access panels on the exterior, so this stuff is positioned to be servicable thru the panels.

finishedpit-2.jpg