Trumpeter P-47N

Haggis

Fantastic Jamie, absolutely fantastic. You wouldn't care to go into some detail about how you weathered it, hmm? It looks so convincing. At the very least, tell us which flat coat you used, as the dull aluminium look is spot-on to my eye. The last time I tried to flat-coat a NM finish, I completely ruined it. :rolleyes:

Kev

post-3154-1222984945.gif

Beautiful work Jamie!! The decals look like paint... I love the worn effect on the walkway at the leading edge.... The NMF is great...

Top notch work! Now... Shame on you for doing it so fast!! You're makin' us all look bad.

I'll post these pics in the completed gallery!

post-3154-1222985133.gif

Great job Jamie!

That looks fabulous. The weathering is dead on - I especially like the chipping and fading of the yellow wing stripes and the wing walk area. Good to hear the decals worked out, I'm always suspicious of those Trumpeter decals. I guess they are getting better... :rolleyes:

I'll be looking for the article in MAI!

One of my all time favorite Jugs! Great story behind Oscar Perdomo too...the last ace-in-a-day of WWII.

The build is very nice, the weathering is pretty intense for my taste, but awefully well done. Your paint and decal work is really tight and inspiring man, just fab!

The flap position decal actually goes directly on the flap, something to stash away for your next build.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't realise that they had that much blue carpeting available in the European theatre for them to park their Thunderbolts on.....

...or how those five Japanese planes got all the way to the ETO!!

:blink:

:o

...or how those five Japanese planes got all the way to the ETO!!

:blink:

:)

D'oh!

Actually, that explains alot- With the white beaches of Midway, and the black beaches of Iwo Jima, these 'Bolts must have been based on the un-named islands with blue sandy beaches, inhabited by the long-lost waredafuggowi tribe! :lol:

Lee

Jamie,

Fantastic build and photos. Unbelievable how quickly you were able to complete it. One thing though - your avatar is well, well, it is freaking distracting! :angry: :lol: :blink: I mean, I do love it and all, but it is hard to focus on your weathering when she is dancing and flitting her hair like that... :) ;)

BTW, what paint did you use for your build? Also, how did you eliminate the step in the rear fuselage?

Great work,

Scott Gentry