Sign in to follow this  
Haggis

Trumpeter P-47N

Well folks, it's been a while since I have posted any models on here but here is Trumpeter's P-47N. I'm doing this for MAI but as it's a quick build I'll post the in progress photos here.

I started by sticking together any parts I could so I could leave these to dry while I start the engine.

Bits1.jpg

The fuselage rear decking fit is OK but there is a slight step. Note that the instructions call for the decking halves to be joined together then added to the completed fuselage but I think this will be easier.

Fuselage1-2.jpg

Guest Rigor

yes another p-47 :o will be watching this one can wait to see what you do with this one Jamie!

I think you are right with the back fillet - such a shame to ruin the nice surface finish - any decal choices yet fella?

ADS

The wings are together. The fit is pretty good although one wing leading adge is much better than the other for some reason. There may have been a bit of flash that I missed.

Wing2.jpg

I got quite a lot done last night. The cockpit is done and the fuselage is together. I should have taken some photos of the cockpit before I put the thing together but I was on a roll and got carried away.

Cockpit3-1.jpg

The engine fits well inside the cowling so there is no need to add all the mountings as this would complicate the fit.

Tonight I'm going to sort the fuselage seams out and attach the wings and tail, then it will be almost time for paint.

Cowling1.jpg

Sign in to follow this